January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Yaya left in the summer the way he's been walking around the pitch. Taking the Uncle Yaya a bit too far and now tends to play walking football which is becoming more obvious now Pep has them playing at a high tempo. I'd rather get in a LB and let Delph provide the cover at least until the summer.
Good point with Delph that. Pep moving him to left back for me makes him a ready made cover for midfield. He is match fit, confident, knows peps system, respected,a midfielder anyway. It was a master stroke by pep not waisting his talent and keeping his engine going. Another left back or quality utility defender who can play there is a better shout IMO.

I highly doubt this. Yaya is the only cover we have for Fernandinho. Or at least the only cover we have that Pep trusts.

Depends who we sign & which positions that frees up.

Would he trust Yaya in the semI final of the Champions League, away at Barca ? I think Delph would be the replacement for Fernandinho then. Yaya isn't fit enough. Edit, & maybe Danilo as suggested.

I think Yaya is being used to give other players a day, or even 10 mins, off. If we were 20 points clear at the top of the league right now & Fernandinho was a bit fatigued, I think Yaya would have a chance of starting a league game, but I think that would depend on the condition of DS & KDB. If they were fit & raring to go, I think it's more likely Gundogan would drop back & replace Fern. At the moment Gundo is being used to give Silva or KDB a rest, but if we keep widening the gap, I think Pep might risk using him deeper.

If he tried it & it went pear shaped, it would hardly derail the season, anymore than losing at Shakhtar did.

There have been rumours Yaya could leave this window. Perhaps we will find they are true, if players come in.
I sensed resigning Yaya would be an error. Argued how it made little sense. All 6 players with finishing contracts should have been let go.

Explained how it wouldn't matter even if Yaya miraculously could still muster one good year. We should let him go do it somewhere else. What we didn't want was to be caught with a shell of a player on our hands.

Well, emotions got the better of that decision :(

I sensed resigning Yaya would be an error. Argued how it made little sense. All 6 players with finishing contracts should have been let go.

Explained how it wouldn't matter even if Yaya miraculously could still muster one good year. We should let him go do it somewhere else. What we didn't want was to be caught with a shell of a player on our hands.

Well, emotions got the better of that decision :(

I don't think so.

We are only now getting players like Gundogan match fit. Yaya has helped keep the players we do have, in condition to play & may do so a lot more if we don't get the signings we want.

If we had the money & the players we want available to sign, he would have gone. No point dumping him just for the sake of it.

Yaya was fine against Leicester and he can sit in that hole for city. We have some really good youngsters, like to see Foden, Diaz and Tosin have a go in the premier league as they pretty much kept a full strength Leicester team quiet in the Carabao cup. Also think we can play Bernado Silva in the middle - he played pretty well against a very physical palace team, so I actually think we are pretty much covered. As Pep's coaching ability has meant we have a number of players who can play anywhere. Thou to keep evolving its inevitable we'll buy top class players. I actually like Maguire at Leicester - he really impressed me the times I've seen him play.

I'm not going to start bashing Yaya, even though I think he's clearly spent as a player for us. But I'm happy to see him potter about for 20-30 minutes when the game is won.
He stayed as he obviously wants to had a few more trophies to his CV, nothing wrong with that, especially seeing as his goals in the semi and final won us the cup.

I'm very much looking forward to Yaya getting his hands on a trophy or four ; ) Especially the champions league trophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.