January Transfer Window Its very quiet..or is it?

Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
Might as well have a think as it's not too far away.

Looking at the link above and going into City's squad I can't imagine there will be much. Maybe one player?

The three positions most talked about on BM are a Striker, a Fern replacement and a left back.

Left back: probably in the minority here but I think we are OK now that Ake can also play there but if Mendy doesn't improve and stay injury free it's a possible.

Fern replacement: By far the priority for me and extremely difficult to find. Zakaria seems most suited but has been injured since March. Probably one for the Summer.

Striker: I think we can only buy one if Aguero is leaving otherwise we would have 3 strikers for one space and Sterling/Delap as cover. If Messi comes for a season or two he is an exception. I wonder if part of the reason for keeping Garcia was to use him in a deal in Jan for Messi? Probably not but we will see. It's noticeable that if you click the link and then City we have SEVEN centre halves if you count Sandler! Perhaps we could sell one to Liverpool? ;-)

I dont reckon we will do anything unless there is a major injury to a key player. Might see some loanee action with youngsters going various places etc but thats about it.

Garcia to Barca mayeb if they come in with a decent offer?

Any players we wanted we targeted during summer and either couldnt get them or chose not to -cant see anything having changed beyond that unless Barca rethink on Mess

Left back for me would definitely be priority one despite Akes very good start - one injury to thw rong player and we are back to square one of having to put Mendy there

Dont think we will ever see a Fern like for like replacement by Pep -he seems to want something diffferent and however much he talks Ferna up he seems to go for something slightly different when targeting players for that position (Gundogan, Rodri)

Striker - guess it all depends on Kun and even the potential for Messi

I dont reckon we will do anything unless there is a major injury to a key player. Might see some loanee action with youngsters going various places etc but thats about it.

Garcia to Barca mayeb if they come in with a decent offer?

Any players we wanted we targeted during summer and either couldnt get them or chose not to -cant see anything having changed beyond that unless Barca rethink on Mess

Left back for me would definitely be priority one despite Akes very good start - one injury to thw rong player and we are back to square one of having to put Mendy there

Dont think we will ever see a Fern like for like replacement by Pep -he seems to want something diffferent and however much he talks Ferna up he seems to go for something slightly different when targeting players for that position (Gundogan, Rodri)

Striker - guess it all depends on Kun and even the potential for Messi
I hope you are wrong with the Fern replacement. Someone with an engine, reading the game and protecting the back four...would be like 18/19 again.....maybe.

Depens on what club sees in Diego Rosa, or he will be loaned out to Girona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.