Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtic vs Inverness is on right now on sky if anyone is interested, just switched it over myself and our man has always made some lovely passes and a couple interceptions.

I love this kid.......he has that special something.

Its hard to believe,with so much composure and intelligence,he's only 19......just watching him today,although not quite perfect;-) he makes the game look very easy.He very rarely makes the wrong decision,he reads situations superbly and has great technical ability,he never hides and is incredibly calm........The weakness in his game is also rapidly improving as he's winning plenty in the air and,as a consequence,has added a goal threat to his armoury.

We cannot afford to let this lad escape.

FantasyIreland said:
I love this kid.......he has that special something.

Its hard to believe,with so much composure and intelligence,he's only 19......just watching him today,although not quite perfect;-) he makes the game look very easy.He very rarely makes the wrong decision,he reads situations superbly and has great technical ability,he never hides and is incredibly calm........The weakness in his game is also rapidly improving as he's winning plenty in the air and,as a consequence,has added a goal threat to his armoury.

We cannot afford to let this lad escape.

Definitely. If we let him go I absolutely guarantee you he'll be strolling it at Bayern or Real in three or four years time. There is no way Jerome Boateng for example can do anything that he'll never be able to. I think he's got more going all around tbh.

Silva_Spell said:
He has to go on loan unless either Demi or Manga are sold or he can play RB and replace Sagna (before moving into the centre later)

If he was just to be one of 4 CBs he won't get enough games to make it worth it for any party

Why would he be sent on loan when he's the best CB on the team? Mangala is a bust Kompany has been shambolic Demichelis is in the twilight of his career.

Good game on Saturday again, excellent young talent.

Being our 3rd choice CB and 2nd choice RB next season would get him plenty of gametime.

CityFan94 said:
Good game on Saturday again, excellent young talent.

Being our 3rd choice CB and 2nd choice RB next season would get him plenty of gametime.

Given the quality of our defenders I would have him a little higher on the pecking order than that!

I am a Celtic fan and just wanted to give an insight on the progression of this wonderfully talented kid of yours that we have.

I have never seen a more talented young centre back at Celtic , this boy has progressed at an incredible rate and is constantly improving all aspects of his game. He is potentially world class , he isn't rash , he uses the ball well and is very comfortable on it. His reading of the game , his positioning defies his age and he always makes the correct decisions. Denayer is very quick as well but rarely has to use it because of intelligence.

I am a Celtic fan and I must say that Denayer is a tremendous talent who has progressed at an incredible rate this season. This boy has it all , he reads the game well , his positioning is excellent and he rarely makes mistakes if ever. He is very quick yet he isn't dependent on his pace because of his intelligence. What impresses me most is the composure and the comfort on the ball , he never wastes it and is comfortable going forward with it.

I really hope City do the right thing by him because he most definitely could/will be world class. I am certain there will be bids coming in for him in the summer considering the amount of scouts watching Van Dyke.

Denayer is a special and rare talent , don't let him slip through your fingers.

alan w said:
I am a Celtic fan and I must say that Denayer is a tremendous talent who has progressed at an incredible rate this season. This boy has it all , he reads the game well , his positioning is excellent and he rarely makes mistakes if ever. He is very quick yet he isn't dependent on his pace because of his intelligence. What impresses me most is the composure and the comfort on the ball , he never wastes it and is comfortable going forward with it.

I really hope City do the right thing by him because he most definitely could/will be world class. I am certain there will be bids coming in for him in the summer considering the amount of scouts watching Van Dyke.

Denayer is a special and rare talent , don't let him slip through your fingers.

thank you for your comments and welcome to the forum.
feel free to keep us updates on his progress.

LesDiablesRouges said:
Silva_Spell said:
He has to go on loan unless either Demi or Manga are sold or he can play RB and replace Sagna (before moving into the centre later)

If he was just to be one of 4 CBs he won't get enough games to make it worth it for any party

Why would he be sent on loan when he's the best CB on the team? Mangala is a bust Kompany has been shambolic Demichelis is in the twilight of his career.
I have great hopes for Denayer and would certainly have him in the first team squad competing for starts next season but it's just ridiculous to label Mangala a "bust".
He's had a stop-start season trying to settle in with a team that's unravelling, competing for game time with the club captain and another player who's a favourite of the manager and played in a WC Final just a few months ago.
I'm anticipating that a new manager will change the personnel and the attitude within the team for the better with more pace, more desire and more resilience than the current group.
I hope both Denayer and Mangala will grow into being the heart of our CB's for years to come. It may be another year or two before that occurs but that is a realistic prospect IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.