Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what Rekik/Denayer think about latest news of us maybe making a move for Laporte.
Or that we gave new contract Demichelis.

Btw I would have sent Rekik to a stronger league last summer, and would send Denayer to a stronger one for next season. PL weaker team would be good imo, where they could learn what its to be ripped apart by Hazard, Sanchez, Fellaini in the air, or how to defend vs the likes of Benteke, Crouch etc.
Because if they dont learn that they will learn it while playing for City and cost us games with that.
If they ever become a regular for City of course.

Imo only one of them has future here.

Damanino said:
Wonder what Rekik/Denayer think about latest news of us maybe making a move for Laporte.

Btw I would have sent Rekik to a stronger league last summer, and would send Denayer to a stronger one for next season. PL weaker team would be good imo, where they could learn what its to be ripped apart by Hazard, Sanchez, Fellaini in the air, or how to defend vs the likes of Benteke, Crouch etc.
Because if they dont learn that they will learn it while playing for City and cost us games with that.

It's not a good idea loaning him out to a weaker PL team, especially when he has had Europa League experience and has had a couple of medals under his belt. It's either keep him with us and give him the minutes or loan him out to either a club in the Champions League ( perhaps let him stay for another spell at Celtic) or a club in a stronger league who is going places.

The Celtic loan is a bit of waste, yes he got experience and some European football but the Scottish league is a one horse race. He hasnt learnt anything about pressure except in cup games and even then they were mostly a walk in the park. Stuart Pearce could dominate Scottish football with celtic, Burnley would have been an amazing test for him up against top strikers week in week out in games which are vital. Yes both him and Rekik dominated their league's and had good seasons but we still don't know if they are up to the physical challenge or pace of the premier league. If I am honest I think Rekik is enjoying an easy life in the Dutch league and will have no interest coming back and fighting for a spot, but I think Denayer is hungry for it and could be a good player for us but would rather have him sign a new deal and go out on loan to a newly promoted side so he can learn from his mistakes and the league there.

Damanino said:

Interesting that you would mention 3 Belgian players that could rip Denayer apart in the Premiership. International team mates who he comes up against in high intensity training matches , now do you honestly believe he would be in the Belgian squad if he wasn't deemed good enough or ready enough to pit his wits against them??

Belgium know what they have here as they are absolutely creaming themselves over this kid.

Scroll up a few posts and there is an interview with Denayer where he speaks about his development at Celtic , development which has afforded him an international debut and European experience. Celtic is moulding Denayer into a better more complete player , a top class ultra modern centre back and perhaps the cream of his generation to come. Don't think you may have the new Kompany but think you may have a Cannavaro or a Maldini in your hands and if that doesn't have you salivating then nothing will.

There is no rawness in his game , none , none what so ever , neither is there any rashness which is incredible for a player of his age. Cool , calm and collected , a consummate pro without ego.

If he is to go back out on loan then it would be idiotic to send him anywhere bar back to Celtic as he would be walking into a new environment and starting all over again in new surroundings and a system foreign to him. City or Celtic are the only options if he is to be in a settled environment , it simply boils down to the fact do City believe he is ready for first team football or not.

dachoosen1 said:
The Celtic loan is a bit of waste, yes he got experience and some European football but the Scottish league is a one horse race. He hasnt learnt anything about pressure except in cup games and even then they were mostly a walk in the park. Stuart Pearce could dominate Scottish football with celtic, Burnley would have been an amazing test for him up against top strikers week in week out in games which are vital. Yes both him and Rekik dominated their league's and had good seasons but we still don't know if they are up to the physical challenge or pace of the premier league. If I am honest I think Rekik is enjoying an easy life in the Dutch league and will have no interest coming back and fighting for a spot, but I think Denayer is hungry for it and could be a good player for us but would rather have him sign a new deal and go out on loan to a newly promoted side so he can learn from his mistakes and the league there.

His Celtic loan has absolutely not been a waste, he has been first choice in a title-winning team in his first season of first team football, at the age of 19. It would definitely be a waste, though, if he went back for a second season - he needs testing at a higher level, preferably Premier League. Then again this is city we're talking about so god knows where he will end up, probably back in Scotland and stagnating like Rekik has done in Holland. Then again we could lose him all together next summer if they don't sort his contract out.

Some really thoughtless shite been posted about Denayer's Celtic loan.

He was a raw untried kid when he went there. Now he's being talked about as a possible Premier League cb. In one season.

He can't be allowed to make mistakes & learn now as it will cost City, but an Italian club would have just played him every week & let him fuck up whilst they slid down the league ?

Think about it ffs!

Celtic play every game under the pressure of expectation & have to stand up to every team raising their game to play the Champions. Exactly what City failed to do this season.

Celtic have been perfect for Denayer & his advancement has been close to miraculous.

Whatever he does next, he could not have had a better loan.

People who say playing for Celtic is a waste of time are simple.

Playing competitively against men who will do absolutely anything to get a competitive advantage rather than against pampered 17-20 olds in the kids league who are more concerned about bling than winning is a huge learning experience.

Get this kid signed up for 5yrs and send Angelino up to Celtic for doing such a good job with D.

He still is raw and untired. He is starting for a team that has 3 cbs and one of them played most of the season as a right back Ambrose! He looked impressive but played against very few players who would be good enough to play for a newly promoted side. He is playing for a team that miles ahead of anyone in their division. Think their odds to win the league was 1/33! He is more experienced now and the international call ups will do him wonders buts it's easy to look good when you are surrounded by the best and he still has no experience in our league or the pressures that come from playing vital games every week. Guidetti look great for Celtic at the start of the season scoring for fun but couldn't get a game at stoke. Regular football is massive in a youngsters development but beyond that I fail to see any averages of a loan to celtic whereas a loan to hull or Burnley he could have got used to the league, play in important games weekly and gained experience against opposition that we will be playing regularly. The problem was it wasn't competitive football was it!

Would any lower Prem club take both Denayer and Rekik on loan and play them together? I highly doubt it but could be a good idea if we wanna keep both of them so they could form their own partnership.

Jacob Smith said:
Would any lower Prem club take both Denayer and Rekik on loan and play them together? I highly doubt it but could be a good idea if we wanna keep both of them so they could form their own partnership.

For more than one reason would that never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.