Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Can anyone appraise his performance in their 3-0 win today?

I only caught the 2nd half as I was working , but he was solid from what I seen. Today was the first time I've seen him be as physical against a striker , he was really bullying the lad and totally dominated him.

A lot of talk up here about him wanting to play here again next season , which I hope happens.

Perhaps City are lining up another centre back this summer?

alan w said:
FantasyIreland said:
Can anyone appraise his performance in their 3-0 win today?

I only caught the 2nd half as I was working , but he was solid from what I seen. Today was the first time I've seen him be as physical against a striker , he was really bullying the lad and totally dominated him.

A lot of talk up here about him wanting to play here again next season , which I hope happens.

Perhaps City are lining up another centre back this summer?

Thanks mate.As NLF has stated,i believe he will be with us at the start of the season at least.....and hopefully,permanently!

He has undoubtedly improved from regular first team football at a very solid and well run side. But is he ready for the quality opposition in the premier league? Is he really to play vital games week in week out? I'm not sure I'm simply questioning if it's wise to loan a young player to a team where he has little or no pressure to perform as he had no competition for his position and the team has no competition in the league.

Yeah you can see the fucking harm it's done to his career.

FFS.

Anyhow, another fantastic performance today with yet another side pulling its tripe out trying to beat Celtic & Denayer having to do just about every possible kind of defending you can imagine, under pressure & coming through every test with flying colours & ending up comfortable.

One clearence he made with a wicked low cross from the left, he was running back toward his own six yard box, jumped at full stretch with his leg fully extended & hooked the ball back over his shoulder with his toe.

It was outrageous. None of our first team defenders would have a hope in hell of pulling that trick off. It's just the best thing I've seen a defender do all season. The 'toe hook' over the shoulder thing is becoming a trademark I think. But not usually at full stretch leaping towards his own goal! I thought it had hit him & he was dead lucky til I saw the slomo.

Vinny would have volleyed that straight in.

Neville Kneville said:
Yeah you can see the fucking harm it's done to his career.

FFS.

Anyhow, another fantastic performance today with yet another side pulling its tripe out trying to beat Celtic & Denayer having to do just about every possible kind of defending you can imagine, under pressure & coming through every test with flying colours & ending up comfortable.

One clearence he made with a wicked low cross from the left, he was running back toward his own six yard box, jumped at full stretch with his leg fully extended & hooked the ball back over his shoulder with his toe.

It was outrageous. None of our first team defenders would have a hope in hell of pulling that trick off. It's just the best thing I've seen a defender do all season. The 'toe hook' over the shoulder thing is becoming a trademark I think. But not usually at full stretch leaping towards his own goal! I thought it had hit him & he was dead lucky til I saw the slomo.

Vinny would have volleyed that straight in.

Not sure about Vinny but Dunney would have broken the back of the net :)

dachoosen1 said:
He has undoubtedly improved from regular first team football at a very solid and well run side. But is he ready for the quality opposition in the premier league? Is he really to play vital games week in week out? I'm not sure I'm simply questioning if it's wise to loan a young player to a team where he has little or no pressure to perform as he had no competition for his position and the team has no competition in the league.
You could have written this at the start of this season since "quality" is a relative term. The SPL players quality "relative" to EDS players is higher and he settled immediately and to suggest that an 18 year old with no 1st team experience whatsoever has no competition at Celtic is ridiculous TBH.

Celtic have had a minimum crowd of 40,000 and a maximum of 50,000 (average so far 44,000) this season who expect every single player to perform and every opposing team treat it as a scalp worth taking.

Rekik has had an arguably easier time at PSV then Denayer at Celtic and he's older and more experienced.

ColinLee said:
dachoosen1 said:
You could have written this at the start of this season since "quality" is a relative term. The SPL players quality "relative" to EDS players is higher and he settled immediately and to suggest that an 18 year old with no 1st team experience whatsoever has no competition at Celtic is ridiculous TBH.

Celtic have had a minimum crowd of 40,000 and a maximum of 50,000 (average so far 44,000) this season who expect every single player to perform and every opposing team treat it as a scalp worth taking.

Rekik has had an arguably easier time at PSV then Denayer at Celtic and he's older and more experienced.
It is worth noting tho, that rekik is only half a year older than denayer :)

spinzer said:
ColinLee said:
dachoosen1 said:

It is worth noting tho, that rekik is only half a year older than denayer :)
Fair do's then, I had him as older. He certainly seems to have been around longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.