Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
A near enough under the radar signing if we follow it up. If it is true he has £23m release clause then it would be very good business.

Just looked him up on wiki as I know nothing about this guy, says he's a defensive midfielder/center back. Anyone clue me in on his abilities?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2194237/Javi-Garcia-Manchester-City-target.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... arget.html</a>

Manchester City are considering making a move for Benfica defensive midfielder Javi Garcia.
----------------------------------------
City's interest in the 25-year-old Spaniard has been mentioned in the Portuguese press and Roberto Mancini has made it crystal clear he is interested in adding to his squad.
Jack Rodwell has been the only new signing Mancini has made and he wanted to add another midfielder in Daniele De Rossi but that avenue has been closed by Roma.

Record, a Portuguese newspaper, says Mancini's first team coach Fausto Salsano came to watch the midfielder during Benfica's 5-0 win against Vitoria Setubal on Monday.
Garcia's minimum release fee clause is £23.8million but City would be hoping to pay less for him.
He is contracted to the club until 2016 and is a fan favourite, so letting him leave Lisbon may prove to be an

Have only seen him a few times but what I can add is that he was very good in both games against United last season where they drew with them. He broke up play a lot in a De Jong like role and kept it simple, so I'm not sure he'd offer any more creativity from midfield. Witsel stood out more for me but Garcia was also good and seemed to have that robust leadership quality.

Ducado said:
Never heard of him to be honest

I'm sure one of our resident FM/FIFA experts will be currently giving him a thorough trial as we speak ;-)

LoveCity said:
Have only seen him a few times but what I can add is that he was very good in both games against United last season where they drew with them. He broke up play a lot in a De Jong like role and kept it simple, so I'm not sure he'd offer any more creativity from midfield. Witsel stood out more for me but Garcia was also good and seemed to have that robust leadership quality.
I said it on another thread a couple of weeks back, if we bought him, I think he'd become a centre-back.

Tevez City said:
Neville Kneville said:
Tevez City said:
Watching and evaluating player in the last week of the transfer market !!!!!

It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Yeah, because we've never seen any of these players before & have just heard about them only this week.

If thats how you want to understand it then so be it.
Maybe he was there tapping him up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.