Javi Garcia

Did ok today at best still has a frightening inability to read the game for a CM and kept laying a pass on today and not moving for the return ball which left the person receiving the pass isolated , however did win everything in the air improved but still a long way off<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 pm --<br /><br />
ElanJo said:
He did better but still got overrun by their CM.

He is slow but it's his awareness (or lack thereof) which really lets him down. He's slow to realise the threat and he's slow to offer his teammates a pass.

He must improve.

Agree fully top class CM can literally see the game unfolding in front of them he has very poor perception of what's to come after the pass couple of times they broke with 1 touch pass and move and he was 6 yards behind because he couldn't see there next pass

Good today. Nearly back to how good he was looking when he got injured in the Dortmund ho,e game on 35 mins. Dortmund had once chance before Garcia got injured - afterwards they had lots.

He will be a good player for us. How good remains to be seen.

He played alrite, but come on he was playing against a non existent newcastle midfield.

His goal will paper over the cracks though, the comeback line from today will be 'he scored a goal'

I watched him in the game today so many times run around half pace and not keep up with the game, it went unnoticed first half but his positioning at times was woeful. LUCKILY newcastle gave the ball away, today there was 5-6 that cut straight through him.

Yeah he scored, bit ignore that. Concentrate on his all round game, we won today but i'm still worried about our midfield presence. He got away with murder today at times, he was so out of position, why did our CB's and Zabaleta have to keep coming up to meet the man? he was nowhere to be seen Garcia.

When the ball moves right to left, the team shuffles and adjusts. Today i watched him cover 3 yards of ground to his left whilst the rest of the must have moved 5-6.

I want constant performances from him, not a goal every 7 games. I want to see him do his job, Reading next week is a good game for him but i don't think he'll play.

I feel we've weakened in the centre slightly, the only thing that gives me huge confidence and make me feel alot better is it Barry/Milner started midfield every game for the rest of the season. I think that'll still be our downfall this season, we've no midfield presence. The only time we've come up against it our midfield has took an absolutely battering.

He scored today, but it doesn't change a single thing on his role or why we bought him.

Against teams who play a lot of long ball stuff i.e Stoke and Newcastle he's been perfect. Against teams who play on the floor he's going to and already has been found out due to his lack of mobility

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.