Javi Garcia

r0bgaa.png

hinchcliffesinswingingcorner said:
If you believe the match report in the Mirror (which I only purchased to kill time whilst waiting for my Indian) then he was clocked as our third quickest player yesterday.

Ageuro 20.40 mph
Clichy 18.88 mph
GARCIA 18.45 mph
Toure 17.63 mph

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDkSQc_U9A[/youtube]

I really think we chose the wrong Javi :)

The other one is really fast and does have passing ability...

Gareth Barry isn't blessed with a sharp turn of foot but one thing he has is experience and uses his brain to make up for his legs.

With any luck once Javi has got used to the speed he will realise that he has to use his head more to cover for his lack of pace and become a top drawer player, it took our world class players Barr Sergio a while to settle in so I'm not writing him off just yet.

Good luck Javi, your going to need it son with this mob;)

grim up north said:
simon23 said:
grim up north said:
Watched the game on your IPhone I take it

where or how i watched the game has fuck all to do with it......living in the deepest darkest depths of cornwall i cannt get to games but that means nothing...i still avidly follow my team and go out of my way to watch games and have an opinion which i am entitled to ....so grow up!

You can have any opinion you like. Don't give s shit were you watched the game, don't give a shit were you live, but all I am saying is you must of watched yesterday's game on a very small screen. from where i was standing Garcia was up there with the best yesterday gave the ball away once, got stuck in took up some excellent positions and passed well. Fucking sick of no marks slagging of everyone and everything about the club.

Watched the replay on + and will respect Rat Boys opinion of the game not you the expert

garcia constantly left big gaps in front of our back 4 and has done every game he has played in so far.....his tackling yesterday was better but still not good enough

its his positional sense that worries me and the fact that players drift past him with such ease and when this happens he cannot recover.....

and whats with the no marks comment....if you cannt take opinions that you dont like then maybe an internet forum isnt the best place for you

and the bit about where i live etc was in response to your quip about not being at the game...believe you me i would love to be where you were stood!!!!!<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:20 am --<br /><br />
Fraggle Rock said:
Gareth Barry isn't blessed with a sharp turn of foot but one thing he has is experience and uses his brain to make up for his legs.

With any luck once Javi has got used to the speed he will realise that he has to use his head more to cover for his lack of pace and become a top drawer player, it took our world class players Barr Sergio a while to settle in so I'm not writing him off just yet.

Good luck Javi, your going to need it son with this mob;)

this is what i am hoping...barry does have exceptional positional sense which makes up for his lack of pace..(always inthe right place at the right time and where the break down of the play is)...garcia doesnt have this yet but im hoping he will get it

he does give us that bit extra at set pieces however which is a bouns

i was at the game pissed so cannot remember too much of individual performances,

what was he like on the whole?

Did any1 hear Neville awarding MOM on SKY? He said "it has to be Garcia...... or 1 of the Toure Brothers, yes Kolo for me? I was waiting for the punchline when he paused after Garcia!

Everyone on here is going to be proved wrong by Garcia, i've said it numerous times in this thread and a few others. He has shown a few small glimpses of what he can do but he needs a run in the team, he plays one game then is out for 2 at the moment, thats no good for anyone. When Silva has been out for a few weeks even his passing is shocking at first but he gets the time on the pitch to get over it, Garcia has been suffering from the same, he's barely played.

His style is to try and break up play when opponents attack, getting a foot in, winning the ball back and then knocking a quick ball forward as well as being fantastic at heading. He will be similar to when Gareth Barry was at his best for us when he is up to speed.

Bojinov The Bull said:
Everyone on here is going to be proved wrong by Garcia, i've said it numerous times in this thread and a few others. He has shown a few small glimpses of what he can do but he needs a run in the team, he plays one game then is out for 2 at the moment, thats no good for anyone. When Silva has been out for a few weeks even his passing is shocking at first but he gets the time on the pitch to get over it, Garcia has been suffering from the same, he's barely played.

His style is to try and break up play when opponents attack, getting a foot in, winning the ball back and then knocking a quick ball forward as well as being fantastic at heading. He will be similar to when Gareth Barry was at his best for us when he is up to speed.

Apart from starting the first 6 meaningful games then getting injured in the 7th?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.