Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
FredTilson said:
fathellensbellend said:
Damocles said:
I personally think Garcia is not suited to the premier league and City in particular, does it make him a bad player of course not, just not suited to us. Would Tom Huddlestone get in the Barcelona side, of course not, would he have a 100% pass rate, probably yes, would it make Huddlestone a bad player, of course not, just not good enough for Barcelona.
The problem is Barcelona would never bid for Huddlestone because of that. Yet someone at the club apparently rated Garcia worth 16 million quid.
This,
I'd swap Garcia for Huddlestone in a heartbeat.

Difference is huddlestone can pass a ball much better. He can hit long balls and switch play very easily whereas garcia can only pass 5 yards.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
This league has simply exposed his limitations.

It's actually starting to make me angry now. We've had plenty to choose from, but I would put him right up there as one of the poorest performers in a City shirt in my 30-plus years of watching.

He is completely ineffectual, occupying a space that is neither use nor ornament.

He is three yards away from his nearest man the majority of times, doesn't have the energy or pace to press the ball and not sure what his tackling stats are like but never seems to be in proximity to make a telling one.

In his defence, simply not his fault, sure he earned his previous reputation in Portugal.

It's not him or even a Rodwell that can stand up and deliver the platform this City team now requires in this type of midfield role.

It takes a very special top drawer marquee. Another Fernandinho, a Vidal, a Pogba.

And that's no failing of Garcia's.

That's not spending the £30m plus that Mancini also knew it needed. And he wanted Fernandinho too.
^^This^^

The difference another Fernandinho, a Vidal, a Pogba would make to our team would be fucking immense.

Mancini publicly stated he wanted De Rossi, Javi Martinez and there was an ongoing interest in Fernandinho too as I understand it, but Marwood thought better of it and lumbered us with Garcia for £16m, so no wonder Mancini was pissed!! We also wanted RVP, Levezzi, Marquinhos & the season before Thiago Silva.

As defending champions, that transfer window seriously damaged us and the ramifications are still being felt today. It was also the beginning of the end for Mancini after his public criticism of our failed transfer policy. Our issues with Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon & Rodwell's injury problems have well and truly come home to roost.

PS: Any news on the whereabouts of Marwood? I understood he was to head up the new academy, but I hear more about Vieira than Marwood. Perhaps he's found his level as stores foreman on the collar site.............

celticfc482 said:
Difference is huddlestone can pass a ball much better. He can hit long balls and switch play very easily whereas garcia can only pass 5 yards.
He would also get us destroyed if we had to play him in the Champions League. It's illustrative of why we need an upgrade and not a lateral move.

taconinja said:
celticfc482 said:
He would also get us destroyed if we had to play him in the Champions League. It's illustrative of why we need an upgrade and not a lateral move.
Surely we could just wipe our mouths where Garcia is concerned & just swap him for Huddlestone?

That's not to say Huddlestone is what we need,but he's certainly an upgrade on Garcia until the end of the season.

peter.evans said:
cheddar404 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
And like I said. They were shit too. Especially Milner.

Yes, Milner was much worse than Garcia today but he escapes much of the shit on here.

Well said. Sadly the numbnuts have got to have a victim to bully and the facts are not allowed to get in the way of their moronic agenda. I just can't understand these people but however much you try and put forward sensible opposition you can't win with the "he's gash or shite " cretins. Let me put forward my view of today's game. A poor performance generally against a team that made it difficult for us. Our defence was OK but offered absolutely nothing when we really needed a couple of them to utilise the huge spaces they could have pushed into. Lescott is an embarrassment in terms of carrying and passing a ball. Nastasic was pretty much the same today. The two full backs were pathetic. Clichy confirmed he cannot pass wind even when in acres of space and offers absolutely nothing going forward, which is criminal in today's game. Surely his performance today ends the debate over who is the number one left back ? The front two were pretty poor and Dzeko, yet again, was not prepared to roll his sleeves up and work for the team. Despite all that we would have won the game had it not been for a poor mistake by Pantilimon. Milner was an absolute shambles and gave the ball away constantly,e.g. the first half pass to Clichy where he overlapped and Milner could not even weight the ball into his path ! Had Garcia done what Milner did when he mis controlled the ball in his own half and actually dribbled the fuckin thing into touch ( absolutely embarrassing but \I aint see any of the Garcia is gash merchants mention this one ) the Garcia is shite merchants would have crapped on about it all night giving him unmerciful stick. For me Garcia was OK, no more no less. He did what he was asked to do and did it pretty well. Other players cost us the win, Pants with his mistake and Boyata with his stupid sending off.

Really well summed up, I concur.

Dribble said:
taconinja said:
celticfc482 said:
Surely we could just wipe our mouths where Garcia is concerned & just swap him for Huddlestone?

That's not to say Huddlestone is what we need,but he's certainly an upgrade on Garcia until the end of the season.
If I thought he was an upgrade, I would have said as much. I didn't. Because he isn't.

Re - Huddlestone, why did the spuds get rid of him? The lad had a good game against Fulham. I really don't know enough about the lad apart from the fact he didn't have a haircut for three years as he couldn't hit a barn door with a fully grown friesian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.