Jay Sean

Adam Donnelly said:
Jay-Z is still fighting his noble (but way too late) battle against Auto-Tuning: in a recent interview, this is what he had to say:

“I really wanted to have the conversation, like ‘are we just going to sound like each other? Everyone’s going to sound the same? That’s what we’re gonna do? Don’t ya’ll know this is dangerous? And this is just how rock and roll got pushed from the forefront?’ We did this to rock and roll. Everyone was doing the hair-band thing on MTV with the tight pants. They all had the big hair, just different colored tights. It just became about more of a look and a sound than the emotion of the music. And that’s what hip-hop’s becoming. It’s losing the emotion — you can’t have emotion in the robotic voice. I can’t feel anything!"
Has he retired again?

As iv'e got older i have come to respect other people's taste in music, but all this RnB around is absolute tripe - all sounds the same!

Music for the masses.

Banned Tosspot said:
Adam Donnelly said:
Jay-Z is still fighting his noble (but way too late) battle against Auto-Tuning: in a recent interview, this is what he had to say:

“I really wanted to have the conversation, like ‘are we just going to sound like each other? Everyone’s going to sound the same? That’s what we’re gonna do? Don’t ya’ll know this is dangerous? And this is just how rock and roll got pushed from the forefront?’ We did this to rock and roll. Everyone was doing the hair-band thing on MTV with the tight pants. They all had the big hair, just different colored tights. It just became about more of a look and a sound than the emotion of the music. And that’s what hip-hop’s becoming. It’s losing the emotion — you can’t have emotion in the robotic voice. I can’t feel anything!"
Has he retired again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgEKhAYRGFw

Track off Apathy's new album. Takin the piss out of the auto tuner shite.

Lupe Fiasco is the best artist in Hip-Hop at the moment for me by some distance. His lyrics are amazingly complex, if you haven't heard tracks like Failure, What it do, Mean and Viscious or Pen and the Needles they're well worth looking up on youtube.

Chicago seems to produce a lot of MC's who generally have something a bit different from the norm to say be it Lupe, Common, Kanye, Naledge, Rhymfest or Gemini.

As for Lil Wayne I'm not a fan at all.

Anyone heard much by Ise Lyfe?

Adam Donnelly said:
Jammy said:
Lil' Wayne makes that song.

Lil' Wayne is the greatest rapper alive. His last album 'tha Carter III' was one of the best hip hop albums I have ever heard.

I know he has his critics especially over his use of autotune, but if you dig a lil' deeper past his commercial tracks and into his albums you see the true genius.

Please tell me your fu**in joking

You want to do some research and dig some real Hip Hop out mate.
Instead of that MTV Teeny boper shyte like Lil Wayne

First off, I've already pointed out that this particular post was a lil' biased.

Secondly, he is talented.

Thirdly, stop living in the past.

Fourthly, It's all about opinions, but tha Carter III was and still is the most critically acclaimed hip hop album of the decade.

Finally, I love you. x

Jammy said:
Adam Donnelly said:
Please tell me your fu**in joking

You want to do some research and dig some real Hip Hop out mate.
Instead of that MTV Teeny boper shyte like Lil Wayne

First off, I've already pointed out that this particular post was a lil' biased.

Secondly, he is talented.

Thirdly, stop living in the past.

Fourthly, It's all about opinions, but tha Carter III was and still is the most critically acclaimed hip hop album of the decade.

Finally, I love you. x

Talented hahahahaha
And why am I living in the past??, I put a youtube link up of Crooked I
An MC that shits all over Lil Wayne

I had my own Hip Hop show on the radio for 5 years
So think I might know a good MC when I hear 1

PS
I Love you 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.