Jay Sean

Shands said:
Lupe Fiasco is the best artist in Hip-Hop at the moment for me by some distance. His lyrics are amazingly complex, if you haven't heard tracks like Failure, What it do, Mean and Viscious or Pen and the Needles they're well worth looking up on youtube.

Lupe is one of the few 'modern' hip-hop artists I listen to, I'm also partial to a bit of Sway, his first album mainly, before he signed onto Akon's label.

without a dream said:
Shands said:
Lupe Fiasco is the best artist in Hip-Hop at the moment for me by some distance. His lyrics are amazingly complex, if you haven't heard tracks like Failure, What it do, Mean and Viscious or Pen and the Needles they're well worth looking up on youtube.

Lupe is one of the few 'modern' hip-hop artists I listen to, I'm also partial to a bit of Sway, his first album mainly, before he signed onto Akon's label.

I've got Sway's first album but haven't listened to it very much to be honest, I'll have to give it another go.

I'm by no means an expert on Hip-Hop but I think there is some good stuff out there for those who want to go looking for it. I'd say Blu & Exile, Phonte (The Foreign Exchange/Little Brother), Skyzoo, Kidz In The Hall, Talib Kweli and Consequence are all making music that would appeal to fans of more classic soulful hip-hop

I like J.Cole's verse on Jay-z new album so he might be worth watching too.....guess he had to do something to keep him busy while he was injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.