Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as Sterling became a bit of a punchline, any attacking player that does anything close to his numbers before getting what you paid for him on the transfer out is an absolute slam dunk of a signing.
Spot on. Sometimes easier to forget his contribution and the magnitude of it.

He can be better than Sterling at getting past defenders due to better technique and better agility but I don't he'll get himself in as many tap in positions as Sterling's movement was one of his best traits.
His goal at the weekend was exactly this tbf, but yeah was sterling strength.

Sure this kid will work on it.

He can be better than Sterling at getting past defenders due to better technique and better agility but I don't he'll get himself in as many tap in positions as Sterling's movement was one of his best traits.

Sterling’s off ball movement is what makes him what he is.. he probably has the best off ball movement of a generation. Hardly ever offside and an special ability to attack the space at exactly the right moment.. a chance creating machine.. whether he finished off those chances is another question but in terms creating clear cut chances through movement there isn’t anyone better.

It was one of his best traits for us, but how many of them has he scored for Chelsea?

That tells me that he was coached to do this at City, which can then also be the case for Doku given his similar traits.

Personally I think Sterlings tap ins were largely a result of Sanes ability to get to the goal line. That goal mostly dried up for Raheem when Sane left and we switched to inverting wingers. I doubt Doku will score that goal much with Grealish on the left. Just not a ball we hit very much anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.