Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s more similar to Sterling than Sané IMO, and here is why:

Your simplification of “on the ball winger” vs “off the ball winger” is, while accurate to a degree, just too oversimplified.

Doku is somewhat a mixture of Sterling and Sané, but on the ball his style is far more similar to Sterling. Doku gives the ball away rarely like Sterling, and unlike Sané.
Doku’s shooting technique is similar to Sterling’s, albeit a little bit cleaner.
Doku is a smart player who takes up very good positions (see his goal from the weekend) and has a high xG, which is more similar to Sterling than Sané. Doku’s pace is probably slightly quicker than Sterling but slightly slower than Sané. Doku is also a very effective dribbler (just like both Sterling and Sané).

Additionally, he’s right footed and a similar height to Sterling (not that it really affects his game too much).
Not sure I totally agree from what I’ve seen but guess we’ll see if he signs.

Looks like he really enjoys taking his man on, something Sterling really lacked imo, especially towards the end.

Mixture of Sane and Sterling sounds good to me though!

Not sure I totally agree from what I’ve seen but guess we’ll see if he signs.

Looks like he really enjoys taking his man on, something Sterling really lacked imo, especially towards the end.

Mixture of Sane and Sterling sounds good to me though!
To be fair, in my mind I was talking about prime Sterling (2017-2020)

Regardless of whether he is more Sterling or Sane, we are getting a very dynamic winger, very different from current personnel.

Best part is he is comfortable on both wings, we sorely miss wingers who are adaptable.

Grealish and Mahrez were very fixed in their position. Palmer is much better on the right.

Pretty much only Foden can play both wings with minimal difference on quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.