Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen Doku play a lot, but always try and watch Belgium when KDB is playing and he's always caught the eye. His pace is unreal and he knows how to take players on. Pep will no doubt work with him on how to control a game, but he's definitely an exciting signing.

Last edited:
I think hes very raw and probably not quite ready for our level just yet but nevertheless im buzzing for this signing.

we've badly needed a zippy pace merchant since selling sterling. Having that option is vital in games where teams set up 2 narrow banks of 5 and give us the wings knowing we're extremely unlikely to see a grealish carry the ball into the box and create something or make a run in behind, he can do both which will stretch sides and provide much more room for others to operate.

Little slide ball in behind the defence from a foden or kovacic, doku on the end of it squaring it for a haaland tap in, can't wait to see that over and over and over again.
Yes, will be great to see us creating those sorts of chances again.

Would be really useful if we had someone on the left who could do the same thing, get to the by line and cut it back like Sane used to. Imagine how many goals Haaland would get from peeling off the defender and coming on to a low driven cross from the left on his natural side. I'm sure he will score plenty from the right but it means using his weaker foot or letting the ball come across him which is a more difficult finish.

Unfortunately, Grealish being right footed means he has to cut inside most of the time which usually results in a floated inswinger and as we know, Haaland's heading is not his best attribute. Feels like we're missing a trick. I suppose Foden could do it if he played on the left but it seems like he's going to be used more in the middle now. Maybe Doku could end up playing quite a lot of games on the left, apparently his left foot is pretty strong too.

reminds me of a white guy with a beard banging on a drum

Was just going to post the standard 'hide the pain harold' but then I remembered we invited him to the stadium for some reason.

Anyhow, hope Jeremy can be a great success and he can score open goals from 2 yards out. We have been lacking a bit of pace out wide. Gives us another option and should be a terror off the bench against tired defences.

This is gonna be great. It should be a very exciting ride watching Doku play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.