Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surprised at that.

Doku looks by far the better choice out of these three for me, especially when you base it on the above stats too.

I previously liked the look of Jeremy Doku the only issue I had was his lack of end product, but his passing numbers are better than I thought, honestly thought he might be the weakest and with his dribbling ability I think Pep could work wonders.

People were saying that Olise was let down by poor finishing too when praising him, instead it looks like he has overachieved with his assists.

When you look at this graph it actually looks like Doku is the one being let down by poor finishing, his teammates defo seem to have let him down last season in a better team he get plenty more, he totally destroys both the other options in every other aspect of the above graph.

Not only does Doku completely outshine the other two in all the above aspects, he's done that while playing far fewer minutes too it's close to half as many minutes as both.

Those progressive dribbles and better passing plus numbers plays more frequent successful key passes, it all shows he's grown a lot these past few seasons from the very raw 18-19 year old I saw a good few times, when I previously saw him he'd look good on the ball and quick but always ran into blind alleys.

Last edited:
seems KDB rates him but his record is nothing special for the size of the fee
out of the two I'd be leaning more towards Olise as he is more proven at prem level
I'm thinking both and call it a day. Olise more of an AM and Doku as a pure attacking wide player...

To be honest I'd be perfectly happy with either.

Both are still an upgrade in some sense.

Doku is more of a different option, speedster of the past and can play both wings.

Olise very much looks to me like Grealish... but on the RW. Which I can perfectly imagine Pep wanting that.

Hes better than them in literally every metric.

Assists can be misleading as you have to look at expected assists to see doku made high quality chances his team didnt convert.
Also keep in mind what league they're playing in

Do you remember the time we played Birmingham at home when Marsh nutmegged Gordon Taylor and then patted him on his head as he went passed him? :)
I'm not going to lie. As a kid we would go up to watch the Cosmos with Pele, Beckenbauer, Chinaglia, Tueart, Carlos Alberto, et. al. and when Marsh would come in with the Tampa Bay Rowdies I would root for him to win, LOL. Who knows what I was thinking...

Does that factor in the strength of opposition? Coz one plays in a 3 team league, one plays in the prem and one plays in a pub league.

I don't think so that has always been a daft statement about the frog league, there's no league that's a certainty for adapting to the Prem with, if you checked the success rate of all the leagues there's probably little between them.

Nearly everyone plays 4 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders in France so it's not that easy to break teams down, unless you're playing against PSG it's a very good league to test yourself in and grow as a player.

We shouldn't be worried about the league he plays in just whether he's the right player for us more than anything, there's always a chance someone can flop but the league they play in is never a deciding factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.