Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This City tax what Pep spoke about is getting out of hand, everyone is putting £10 - 15m on top now or trying to, twats
Not just us though is it, Chelsea, Brighton ,Arsenal even united have all run into the same issues with clubs refusing to drop their prices.Though why should they , it’s their job to get the highest price possible for their players.

Since it seems we're going ahead with this one, I would expect it to be tied up quite quickly. Rennes already bought Ludo Blas and have Doué (another great young talent) to fill the gap on the right wing. They've been building for his departure (and a departure of Lovro Majer who is still there for now) for a while. And they don't tend to play hardball with transfers tbh. This is the club that let Ousmane Dembele go for peanuts, after all.

Unless clubs desperately need the cash, not sure how Rennes finances are like

Rennes are technically one of the richest clubs in the world. Owned by the Artemis group of Francois Pinault, who, last time I checked, was among the top 30 richest men on the planet. They have no issues with money but he barely invests anything, they just rely on the academy to make stars and sell them on. It's worked pretty well for the most part.

Not just us though is it, Chelsea, Brighton ,Arsenal even united have all run into the same issues with clubs refusing to drop their prices.Though why should they , it’s their job to get the highest price possible for their players.
I know what you are saying, but there’s a fair price and then there is greed, so for instance we put in £80m for Paqueta, WH should snap our hands off but I bet they won’t, and that’s where the unacceptable greed kicks in.

I know what you are saying, but there’s a fair price and then there is greed, so for instance we put in £80m for Paqueta, WH should snap our hands off but I bet they won’t, and that’s where the unacceptable greed kicks in.
Surely their fans would find it unnacceptable if they snapped our hands off for £80 mill if another £10 mill or a better deal for Palmer is achievable with a few day or a week of bargaining.
Should they have snapped arsenals hands off at £80/ 90 mill for Rice ?

Since it seems we're going ahead with this one, I would expect it to be tied up quite quickly. Rennes already bought Ludo Blas and have Doué (another great young talent) to fill the gap on the right wing. They've been building for his departure (and a departure of Lovro Majer who is still there for now) for a while. And they don't tend to play hardball with transfers tbh. This is the club that let Ousmane Dembele go for peanuts, after all.

Rennes are technically one of the richest clubs in the world. Owned by the Artemis group of Francois Pinault, who, last time I checked, was among the top 30 richest men on the planet. They have no issues with money but he barely invests anything, they just rely on the academy to make stars and sell them on. It's worked pretty well for the most part.
Cheers mate, might not be a straightforward deal then

This City tax what Pep spoke about is getting out of hand, everyone is putting £10 - 15m on top now or trying to, twats
I think it was reported that Rennes wanted their record-fee for Doku. But yes, probably 10 mil extra here, which we can give out in a friendly game ;)

It’s so important that we won a treble without “enough up front”.

We've moved past Govan Pisscan football. We don’t need pace out wide to cross balls into the box 65 times a game and hope the 2-4 strikers get on the end of enough of them.

We control games and surgically punish any mistakes the opposition make. This seems to work 85% of the time. (Far more that hard shoulder shitter-football).

Pace out wide for us is as necessary as needing Gundogan to dive into tackles when we lose the ball. It took years for people to realise that he’s not disinterested just because he didn’t become Vinny Jones when we lost the ball.
Whereas we haven't played with pace out wide since Sterling and Sane left though Foden is not slow pace remains a valuable attribute in football it makes some tactics such as a playing a high line against us much more difficult and it gives any player a bit of margin both going forward and if they have made an error covering back.
Someone with pace will always be more valuable than a player with a similar skill set but lacking in pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.