Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think we are going in for Doku, but he is a fantastic player, the clip above is a decent indication of his ability, but his best performance was against PSG when he first arrived at Rennes, he singlehandedly destroyed them, full matches reveal more than clips, it was a performance that Hazard or Neymar wished they could do, injuries will not be the reason we do not go for him, he would be an impact player in his first season anyway, but no one thought we could get 20 games out of Gundogan
So why won't we go for him?

He's a bit too rough round the edges for Pep.

Erratic finisher, touch can be a bit too heavy, football IQ isn't as good as other players.

He's very exciting to watch, but falls in the same bracket as Saint Maximin for me.

Can't see this one happening in the slightest.

Becasuse he is a winger, a very good winger that can use both feet, play both wings, cross, pass, dribble and shoot, but he is not versatile enough to turn up at left back as Bernardo did, and not potent enough in front of net that kept Marhez in the squad, but it is wrong to call him another Saint Maximin as he is a headless chicken, a cross between SWP and Sterling might be more accurate. though he has a better touch than Sterling and is stronger than SWP..

He's a bit too rough round the edges for Pep.

Erratic finisher, touch can be a bit too heavy, football IQ isn't as good as other players.

He's very exciting to watch, but falls in the same bracket as Saint Maximin for me.

Can't see this one happening in the slightest.

He's 21 and played in both the Euros and World Cup. He's got huge potential for growth. Because Saint Maximin didn't develop has no bearing on what Doku will do, especially at better club with better coaching.

Doku or olisse???
Its like I haven't heard or seen them play.
We will be relying on pep rather than them.
Its a pity.... How quality has waned now a days.

Doku or olisse???
Its like I haven't heard or seen them play.
We will be relying on pep rather than them.
Its a pity.... How quality has waned now a days.
It’s an interesting point regarding quality levels, has football & its players reached their peak ? Have the small margin gains been exhausted by clubs ? It may be true in terms of fitness levels, maybe that will get worse due to current & future demands. Academies seem to be a production line of similar type & standard of player these days, gone are the mavericks & difference makers. This may all be temporary of course, but you’re spot on when you say there’s a noticeable drop in the amount of top drawer players around/available, maybe it’s the market we shop in ? I can’t see the day other top clubs in the PL sell to us again, which reduces the market drastically, meaning we look to the games producers like Brighton RBL & Dortmund

I do not think we are going in for Doku, but he is a fantastic player, the clip above is a decent indication of his ability, but his best performance was against PSG when he first arrived at Rennes, he singlehandedly destroyed them, full matches reveal more than clips, it was a performance that Hazard or Neymar wished they could do, injuries will not be the reason we do not go for him, he would be an impact player in his first season anyway, but no one thought we could get 20 games out of Gundogan
"no one thought we could get 20 games out of Gundogan"
200w.gif

It’s an interesting point regarding quality levels, has football & its players reached their peak ? Have the small margin gains been exhausted by clubs ? It may be true in terms of fitness levels, maybe that will get worse due to current & future demands. Academies seem to be a production line of similar type & standard of player these days, gone are the mavericks & difference makers. This may all be temporary of course, but you’re spot on when you say there’s a noticeable drop in the amount of top drawer players around/available, maybe it’s the market we shop in ? I can’t see the day other top clubs in the PL sell to us again, which reduces the market drastically, meaning we look to the games producers like Brighton RBL & Dortmund
Surely quality is more now just that the gap has also been reduced even league one players are fit professional well drilled etc ?

Also haven’t we moved away from flare wingers that can we hot and cold to. So it look like quality is less in fact quality might be the same or even more but it’s not on the wing or not as noticeable / exciting / high but might be more consistent

That`s right when we bought Gundogan his injuries were thought to be carreer ending, which is why we got one of the best players in Europe for £20 million.
Career threatening is a crazy thing to say.

No club is going to put 20m and a huge contract on a player in that situation.

He had a serious knee injury that we clearly thought was treatable and reparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.