Jerome Boateng.

Been saying it all season, was hoping i was going to be wrong but i'm being proved more and more right every week. Not sure why people think he will be a better centre half when the guys main problems at right back are him being softer than Robinho in a tackle, lazy or clueless(still not quite worked that one out) when it comes to tracking players and very rarely actually puts a tackle in, instead he just backs off and gives the attacker as much time on the ball as they want. Not to mention his habit of letting the ball bounce. Send the guy out on loan next season and bring in van der wiel please.

ninjamonkey said:
Been saying it all season, was hoping i was going to be wrong but i'm being proved more and more right every week. Not sure why people think he will be a better centre half when the guys main problems at right back are him being softer than Robinho in a tackle, lazy or clueless(still not quite worked that one out) when it comes to tracking players and very rarely actually puts a tackle in, instead he just backs off and gives the attacker as much time on the ball as they want. Not to mention his habit of letting the ball bounce. Send the guy out on loan next season and bring in van der wiel please.

Van Der Wiel is a far worse defender than boateng, give the lad time. Theres no point in signing a foreign defender who will need time to settle and adjust, signing a full back with some Premier league experience would certainly not be a bad thing. Id love sagna.

not read all the posts,but to pull out of a 50/50 is the trick of a coward.6ft 3 and built like monster,shame on you jerome,theres kids on littleton rd half your size who would have never of backed out.

the old abbey said:
not read all the posts,but to pull out of a 50/50 is the trick of a coward.6ft 3 and built like monster,shame on you jerome,theres kids on littleton rd half your size who would have never of backed out.

Sorry to say it but i've gotta agree with you. He should relish a good tackle instead of avoiding them

the old abbey said:

From an early age we were taught if you go into 50/50 tackle half hearted you are more likely to get injured yourself.

He pulled out of it and City fans ain't daft you could hear the reaction as soon as he did it.

His only slight defence might be the injury from early in the season is on his mind, still no excuse though.

If anything,Boateng is a centrehalf so why are people mentioning rightbacks on this thread,we have a first and second choice in Micah and Zab - a left back is what's needed.

Jose Enrique fits the bill just perfect.

FantasyIreland said:
If anything,Boateng is a centrehalf so why are people mentioning rightbacks on this thread,we have a first and second choice in Micah and Zab - a left back is what's needed.

Agree in totality with everything in the first paragraph. Whether Enrique is the LB we need, I am not so sure. haven't seen enough. But I have seen Ansaldi and Coentrao enough to know they are better team players than Kolarov.

And like I have always said, you don't have to be a shutdown (Using American football terminology here :P) Fullback to be very good. So long as your team play is on point. We are set. City will dominate most of the possession in most games. Helping make that possession manifest in goals is a much more important factor for me than whether you are a bang on tackler. With De Jong and Kompany roaming the middle, we will be solid regardless of the tackling capacity of the Fullback, so long as he is halfway decent at it. Kolarov is halfway decent. It is the other parts of his game that I find annoying,

Oh aye he was halfway-decent when he let Andy Johnson ghost past him unchecked on Sunday.

And he's been half-decent when he's been getting megged time and again.

And half-decent when the hapless David Bentley made him look like a tit.

There is no half-decent at this level, you cannot afford to be that bad at concentrating/defending at the level we want to play at.

Not saying he won't get better, he may well turn out to be excellent but at the moment he's not much more than gash and please don't talk about how much we're in possession cos Barcelona we ain't

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Agree in totality with everything in the first paragraph. Whether Enrique is the LB we need, I am not so sure. haven't seen enough. But I have seen Ansaldi and Coentrao enough to know they are better team players than Kolarov.

And like I have always said, you don't have to be a shutdown (Using American football terminology here :P) Fullback to be very good. So long as your team play is on point. We are set. City will dominate most of the possession in most games. Helping make that possession manifest in goals is a much more important factor for me than whether you are a bang on tackler. With De Jong and Kompany roaming the middle, we will be solid regardless of the tackling capacity of the Fullback, so long as he is halfway decent at it. Kolarov is halfway decent. It is the other parts of his game that I find annoying,

Er, could have something to do with the fact that he's been playinf full-back for us.

As for the other points, WOW! The only thing a full=back must be good at is tackling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.