Jerome Boateng.

Billy Spurdle said:
Mad Mario said:
the only bad summer signing

never a CB, he will do for backup to Micah and Zab at RB.

Actually, he is a CB & if you understood anything at all about football or Boateng you would know this.

it appears the hamburg manager, Germany U21 manager and Germany manager dont know anything about football. Add Mancini to that list too.

Seasideblue said:
Mad Mario said:
the only bad summer signing

never a CB, he will do for backup to Micah and Zab at RB.

Was you sat next to scottiboy at the game last night ?

Sounds like it if he was he is a ****. The guy was a fucking mug embarrassing.
Get me back to the South stand.

Boateng must be the biggest right back ever? Center back all day Mancini has said he is one for the future.

Scottyboi said:
Seasideblue said:
Was you sat next to scottiboy at the game last night ?

Sounds like it if he was he is a ****. The guy was a fucking mug embarrassing.
Get me back to the South stand.

Boateng must be the biggest right back ever? Center back all day Mancini has said he is one for the future.

despite hardly playing at CB throughout his career?

Joe Hart is a centre back too, one for the future.

Versatility is the key given our squad depth, yes Boetang IMO was signed as a centre back but can play right and left back. Zab can play right back left back and midfield, Kompany was signed as a holding midfield player and probably could still do that job, look at him, Lescott left back or centre back, Barry holding midfield, left side midfield attack midfield, Kolorov, left back left side midfield by being versatile it enhances the ability of Mancini to rotate players and provides depth to cover injuries, IMO these players when out of position just need time to adapt to their new roles and gel as a team. Be patient we are slowly but surely getting there.

I was under the impression that he was a CB, who could play in either full back position if needed.

I'm sure when he joined us, he said he had predominantly played at CB for Hamburg, but that he was happy to play on the right if Mancini wanted him to.

If that was the case, then I would say you can lose the Hamburg Manager from the list who thought he was a full back.

How anyone can say he is a RB rather than a CB having watched him play in both positions for City is beyond me. He has looked pretty awful on the right, and has looked a decent player at CB, so I find that opinion baffling.

The fact that Mancini seems more inclined to play him in the middle now than on the right would suggest that this is Mancini's opinion too - so you can probably remove him from the list too.

His Club Managers seem to view him as being better in the middle, and I agree with them.

Mad Mario said:
Billy Spurdle said:
Actually, he is a CB & if you understood anything at all about football or Boateng you would know this.

it appears the hamburg manager, Germany U21 manager and Germany manager dont know anything about football. Add Mancini to that list too.

He played centerback in the euro u21 winning side 2009, and played mostly centerback in Hamburg but very often as rightback so shut the fuck up if u dosent know what u talking about!! PLEASE

Ireland8989 said:
Mad Mario said:

He played centerback in the euro u21 winning side 2009, and played mostly centerback in Hamburg but very often as rightback so shut the fuck up if u dosent know what u talking about!! PLEASE

THIS

Madmario is only stating facts;ie FB for Germany and Hamburg.
Whether he is right about which is Boateng best position is all about opinion.
My own view is he`s at the moment a better CH,but he`s still setttling in,early days yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.