Jerome Boateng.

Mad Mario said:
Still no facts...

Fucking ell this kid knows his stuff.......... bet you hope he fails at cb and all so you can prove someone right. Center back all day not skillful nor fast enough to be a right back. Just filled a position whilst Richards is out and so that Zaba (our stand in left back or right back) doesn't get injured either. He needs blooding in the prem and that's what Bobby is doing.

Scottyboi said:
Mad Mario said:
Still no facts...

Fucking ell this kid knows his stuff.......... bet you hope he fails at cb and all so you can prove someone right. Center back all day not skillful nor fast enough to be a right back. Just filled a position whilst Richards is out and so that Zaba (our stand in left back or right back) doesn't get injured either. He needs blooding in the prem and that's what Bobby is doing.
Yeah I'd love him to fail, Ive been to 99% of games this season just to see him fail....
Just because I've got a different view to you lad it doesn't mean I want the team to fail.

Mad Mario said:
Scottyboi said:
Yeah I'd love him to fail, Ive been to 99% of games this season just to see him fail....
Just because I've got a different view to you lad it doesn't mean I want the team to fail.

Tell me why he is not a center back then?

Scottyboi said:
Mad Mario said:

Because everybody who I've spoken to or read reports by (german based not the shitty sun star etc) say that he has played the vast majority of his games at full back. He did well last night at cb and could very well be one to consider in the cb position for the future, but in my mind he is a full back at the moment.

Mad Mario said:
Scottyboi said:
Because everybody who I've spoken to or read reports by (german based not the shitty sun star etc) say that he has played the vast majority of his games at full back. He did well last night at cb and could very well be one to consider in the cb position for the future, but in my mind he is a full back at the moment.
From the MCFC official site:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2010/august/jerome-boateng-ready-for-action-if-asked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/20 ... n-if-asked</a>

Jerome Boateng is hoping to get the nod from Roberto Mancini for tonight's pre-season friendly against Valencia.

The German defender has not had any match action since Germany's third-place play-off match against Uruguay on July 10th, but he is keen to get into contention with one eye on the start of the league season at White Hart Lane next Saturday.

"Training has been very good so far," declares the 21-year-old, "on a different level to what I was used to in Germany but I've enjoyed it.

"The guys have been great to me, people like Ade and Nigel are very funny to be around so the atmosphere has been very good. I'm looking forward to playing if the Manager picks me. I want to play, it's been a few weeks since I last played but I am ready if the Manager wants me."

Signed from Hamburg just before the World Cup, Jerome's versatility shone in South Africa, where he impressed at left-back for the outstanding German side. Although more often used at centre-half while at Hamburg, he is happy to play wherever asked and adds:

"I see myself in the middle, that's my favourite position, but I can play right or left, I don't mind where the Manager asks me. He has told me he sees me either in the middle or at right back, that's no problem to me."

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Again the lack of genuine football knowledge by some football fans amazes me

It is common practice to deploy young centre backs as full backs for..............

i'll buy you a mars bar mario if you get close.
Shits n giggles?

Anyway, i think the problem with Boateng is that people were expecting him to roll and instantly be a key, first choice attaching full back, flying down the wing and swinging in crosses.

Reality is he's a young, promising defender who can play in a variety of positions and is adapting to a new league and country.

End of the day ,wev`e got a German international who can play ;
left back,right back ,and center half.
times are good blues..

Despite all the head in sand Bobby's always right crap....Boateng is not a top four quality full back. Centre half? Maybe...time will tell. But he's the worst senior RB we currently have behind Zabs, Micah, and probably even Kolo....

Oh, and can anyone, and I mean ANYONE, explain why a right footed right back is literally allergic to crossing with his right foot?

BillyShears said:
Despite all the head in sand Bobby's always right crap....Boateng is not a top four quality full back. Centre half? Maybe...time will tell. But he's the worst senior RB we currently have behind Zabs, Micah, and probably even Kolo....

Oh, and can anyone, and I mean ANYONE, explain why a right footed right back is literally allergic to crossing with his right foot?

Do you actually support City.?.....just a question having read a lot of your posts.

bluwes said:
BillyShears said:

Do you actually support City.?.....just a question having read a lot of your posts.

Why else am I here smart arse? 7 years on this forum, and 34 years as a Blue has earned me the right to an opinion...

BTW....do you remember me BUZZING like a kid in a sweet shop when Bobby got the City job? Nah, didn't think so...

Apology accepted....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.