Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is obviously an issue with Nolito that we dont know about, similar to Joe Hart but obviously on a far smaller scale because he is still in the squad however marginally. It may be he is a twat of a bloke, we dont know. but something about him doesnt fit with our leaders of the club
I doubt Nolito can play on the right, he's a classic inverted winger and as a result when played on the left he doesn't seem to widen the pitch like Pep seems to prefer from his wide men. His tendency to come inside at every opportunity makes him little different to Navas although Nolito is capable of scoring more than Navas, not that that takes much doing!

Also if either Nolito or Navas start we really need a good overlapping full back on their side to give an added option when they turn inside. Clichy and Sagna most definitely don't fit that requirement.

Think he was looking for Dzeko with some of his crosses last night... funny because when Edin played he always hit the front man where Sergio likes to go.

all heart on one leg, i'll be amazed if he's not shipped back to spain in the summer
He's out of contract, he'll be gone.

I like Navas, but he's lost his pace over the last couple of seasons and doesn't seem to have it in him to adapt.

Surprised we don't try putting him at RB in games like that, as when we brought him off it wasn't as if Sagna had any defending to do and Navas is clearly more attacking than Sagna. You'd think his fairly predictable brand of always on the outside might work quite well as a foil for someone wanting to cut in a bit more from the wing? He'd worry teams overlapping a lot more than Clichy or Sagna did, or even Zaba these days

I don't think Navas was bad for Navas. He did everything he does. Worked very hard, held the width, an excellent defensive contribution and even beat the first man a time or two.

The issue with Navas and this is why I've quoted you, he's far too one dimensional and works in straight lines. The whole balance of the team is disrupted with his inclusion.
The moment he plays we look like a Pellegrini team.

Not sure how Pep can't see it. If we're going to rest players we need a different system.
On paper swapping one paced right winger for another doesn't sound that big a change, but the difference in style is ridiculous.
A good point well made. Navas should have gone in the summer, he didn't cost a fortune and would have been welcomed back in Spain. To be fair to Pep he has given most of the squad an opportunity but I'm sure he knows that certain players will be not offered contracts next year.

In the fist half he got the ball around the half way line ran around 40 yards with the ball and ended up back where he was and played a backward pass to a defender. I suppose you could call it ball retention.

No player made more tackles (7) than makeshift right-back Navas today, and he also made 2 key passes (only Silva managed more for City).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.