Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas will be gone next summer I think. Gabriel will be able to settle in England for 6 months without to much pressure.

I agree. I've stuck up for Navas so many times on here. I think he's been a brilliant signing for 12 million quid, but with the team playing with the class it is under Pep now we will outgrow him by the end of the season, probably as soon as Gabriel Jesus walks through the door. Now Sane is fit his chances will probably be very limited, but the good news is he won't whinge and he will probably do a decent enough job when we need him

Cracking little player that has been one of our best players for the past two seasons. I missed the first half hour last night but thought he had a great game from what I did see. If we outgrow hm this season,!we must be doing something right.

Life is easier for Navas now as he knows he can cross first time and find someone in the box, where before they would be pissing about on the edge of the area if he was lucky. Took a lot of unnecessary flack because he was so far ahead of the rest of the team he had to dither, allowing the defence to get back and still have nobody to cross to.

Life is easier for Navas now as he knows he can cross first time and find someone in the box, where before they would be pissing about on the edge of the area if he was lucky. Took a lot of unnecessary flack because he was so far ahead of the rest of the team he had to dither, allowing the defence to get back and still have nobody to cross to.

That and getting slaughterd for not picking out Aguero with crosses when the opposition has 10 players in their box defending it

i think Navas will start at Spurs, Pep will relish his work rate in what'll be a tough game. Sane benched.

I've thought for a while that Navas could be converted to a full back. He's often criticised for his lack of end product even though the stats perhaps suggest otherwise in terms of assists. But, for me, he's quick, has a good first touch which is a prerequisite when receiving fizzed balls from the goalkeeper, and always did track back well. If he learned the art of defending a bit more maybe he could fit the bill. United have done it with Valencia and I reckon we could do it with Navas. Can't see us getting Bellerin and Sagna might be out for a while now. And with Sterling far better on the right as well as Sané and Gabriel Jesus to come in maybe it's his best option to stay in the squad?

Wondered about this myself. No doubt Pep will know whether it's a feasible option based on training.

He would shit his pants if bravo passed a ball out to him,he would do that dithering thing he does when he goes to cross the ball up the other end,if we played the old way then he could do it,i doubt pep would just chuck him there with no practise,it's time for one of the kids to step up surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.