Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like his speed and attitude but he does not have sufficient control or intelligence. It is surprising how a professional footballer can give away a foul throw at his age by not having 2 feet on the ground. A rare great strike for the long range shot and more composure than usual. I wish the lad well but we were lucky Tadic did not have his shooting boots on at 0-0.

Last edited:
I like his speed and attitude but he does not have sufficient control or intelligence. It is surprising how a professional footballer can give away a foul throw at his age by not having 2 feet on the ground. A rare great strike for the long range shot and more composure than usual. I wish the lad well but we were lucky Tadic did not have his shooting boots on at 0-0.

In his defence, Chelsea gave away two foul throws the other week.

I think he is worth keeping as a rwb/full back as long as he's prepared to be a squad player.

It suits him going forward as he has more space. When he plays as an out an out winger he runs out of space to run into and can't pick a pass as easily.

I think he is worth keeping as a rwb/full back as long as he's prepared to be a squad player.

It suits him going forward as he has more space. When he plays as an out an out winger he runs out of space to run into and can't pick a pass as easily.
Think hes already agreed with Seville, enrolled his children in the school there. Been very good as a right back but hes not the answer for next season.

I think he will leave in the summer but he has progressed rapidly in the right back role. I think he actually becomes more of an attacking threat as a right back.

We have to buy a new first choice right back but giving Navas a one year extension and loaning Maffeo out for another season might not be the worst plan.

We need a fair bit of turnover of the squad to get the most out of having Pep here but there has to be some balance to that change and there are benefits to keeping players who have had a year of playing for Pep under their belts.

If Navas does go then I'll wish him all the best back in Seville. He's been a real professional for us but it's probably best for both teams if he goes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.