Jesus Navas

How the fuck do you know MP told him to pass it back to the fullback every time he got the ball.
Because he did it to raz on the other side as well,raz has spoken about being shackled and pep has let him off the leash,mp didn't use wingers properly,they had to pass to the full backs,he also made every player worse in his last 2 yrs,navas had anxiety so he needed an arm round him to get the best out of him,back at seville he is his true self

He started the attack, that they scored from.
I only log in here once every few days so you'll have to forgive me for the slow responses.

If you're giving Navas the credit for running down a blind alley as usual then the ball miraculously rebounding off a defender straight to Iniesta as 'starting the attack' then fair enough. Technically I suppose you're right but I doubt that even Navas himself would try to claim that.

Check again,what has he done to you to be such a woman about him? mp coached him to pass it to the fullback,at seville he is allowed to be a winger,move on

Have you watched many of his games since being back at Sevilla? It's exactly the same player.

We're discussing the ability of a player on a football forum, if I think he was bad (he was) I can say he was. The only reason it has dragged on so long is because people keep revising history to try and invent something ever he did for Spain.

I only log in here once every few days so you'll have to forgive me for the slow responses.

If you're giving Navas the credit for running down a blind alley as usual then the ball miraculously rebounding off a defender straight to Iniesta as 'starting the attack' then fair enough. Technically I suppose you're right but I doubt that even Navas himself would try to claim that.

Have you watched many of his games since being back at Sevilla? It's exactly the same player.

We're discussing the ability of a player on a football forum, if I think he was bad (he was) I can say he was. The only reason it has dragged on so long is because people keep revising history to try and invent something ever he did for Spain.

A "bad"player, really?? I think you lose a lot of legitimacy for your argument by using that adjective to describe Navas. He had limitations and could be frustrating at times but a "bad" player does not win 35 caps in one of the best and most successful NTs in the history of football.

You've missed out the the first part of the break. You know, the bit when he beat at man.
It was a great break at speed with a bit of fortune in the middle. The type of fortune you see all the time.

This clip shows it from the start. He had a big involvement in that goal whichever way you want to look at it.

You've missed out the the first part of the break. You know, the bit when he beat at man.
It was a great break at speed with a bit of fortune in the middle. The type of fortune you see all the time.

This clip shows it from the start. He had a big involvement in that goal whichever way you want to look at it.

Cheers, saved me digging it out.

A "bad"player, really?? I think you lose a lot of legitimacy for your argument by using that adjective to describe Navas. He had limitations and could be frustrating at times but a "bad" player does not win 35 caps in one of the best and most successful NTs in the history of football.

'Bad' is meant in relative terms. For the calibre of our ambitions he was bad.

'Europa League level' would've been a more appropriate description.

Dice it up however you want, as many times as you want. He gave away the ball but it fortunately bounces off the opposition straight to Iniesta rather than one of the 3 Dutch players he'd ran into. Nothing more nothing less.

I'm not saying that he wasn't technically involved but to acknowledge it as anything more than a bit of good fortune on his part after basically giving the ball away is a pretty tame attempt to point-score on behalf of Navas imo.

Especially given fact that this contribution was brought up as someone as an attempt to say that Navas' contribution was more than D.Silva's in a Spain shirt.

He had qualities that where evident at Sevilla and for Spain and I was excited when we signed him, just didn't workout as well as all hoped. I guess he'll look back with some regrets, but some highlights too.

Navas is one in a long line of criticized City wingers and Sterling first season and a half.

Listen to the grief Mahrez gets at the mo. from a significant element.

Last edited:
Navas had very good work ethic but very little end product. Sure he got the occasional cross in but the vast majority of his time at City he couldn't get his ball past the first defender. The reason being he never looked up before putting the cross in. He just played it blind. Compare his crossing ability to Mendys and the difference is astonishing. But Mendy has his head up aware of otger players most of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.