Jesus to Barcelona?

They haven't spent anything at all, mate. I wasn't aware of this either, but, when you're forced to sell your best player for a 9 figure sum, then use that money to buy a keeper and a centre half, it doesn't count as spending, and nor does it count as spending for any of player you acquire for money, after that (or even well before that according to some). It's quite incredible.

They didn't buy their keeper or centre half. Or anyone else. All their players are from a 30 mile radius around Anfield and academy trained.

I’d prefer to see him stay but I don’t think he’ll ever be clinical enough in front of goal to ever be one of the best strikers of his generation. He’s better on the left wing.

possibly, but still think Mahrez will be here next season

Before the Messi situation I wouldn’t have thought there would be any intention of selling mahrez but with Messi he becomes the obvious man to make way. Messi can play anywhere and I suspect he would play in a number of roles but you have to imagine he will start wide right more often than not, we’ve got three players whose best position is wide right, Sterling will stay on the left and then you’ve got mahrez and Torres. Torres is young and won’t expect to be an automatic starter, Mahrez won’t be happy with a bit part role, plus I think Barca could be genuinely interested in him

Before the Messi situation I wouldn’t have thought there would be any intention of selling mahrez but with Messi he becomes the obvious man to make way. Messi can play anywhere and I suspect he would play in a number of roles but you have to imagine he will start wide right more often than not, we’ve got three players whose best position is wide right, Sterling will stay on the left and then you’ve got mahrez and Torres. Torres is young and won’t expect to be an automatic starter, Mahrez won’t be happy with a bit part role, plus I think Barca could be genuinely interested in him
sadly i think if barca had any interest we would be hearing his name floated right now like Jesus

Don't think there's any truth in this.

I'm a skeptical person so I still can't see Messi happening. But if he does want to leave, and he does want to come here, we don't need to appease Barca by offering them Jesus as part of a swap. It's almost a formality at that point.

We might throw some cash and Garcia/Angelino there way but that's it. Barca won't take the whole leaving on a free issue to court. As soon as they do that, they've lost the battle, and they know it.

Last edited:
Really don't want to lose Jesus. Very talented player, yes he needs to improve his finishing, but he is still young and his goal scoring stats obviously not as good as Kun, but still very good.

Jesus is shite. If we can do what Barca did with the Arthur swap deal (inflate the swap fee to cook the books), could be a brilliant plan. Oh and let’s get Felix.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.