"jibbing" it into grounds

last day at maine road-11 years old. i didn't have a ticket and we'd spent days thinking of ideas when my nanna came up with this GEM!

when went to the matches, my nanna, her friend and her friends mum all had season tickets but me and my nanna's friends daughter (are you with me) didn't. so- my nanna's friend had always gone in the disabled entrance in the family stand and had gotten to know the stewards there very well. so on the last day, she bough them flowers, chocolates etc... and made a big fuss.
The stewards were so overwhelmed they completely forgot to ask for the tickets and we just went straight through into the elevator and got into the game!

its a story il be telling my children, grandchildren etc

blu4life said:
last day at maine road-11 years old. i didn't have a ticket and we'd spent days thinking of ideas when my nanna came up with this GEM!

when went to the matches, my nanna, her friend and her friends mum all had season tickets but me and my nanna's friends daughter (are you with me) didn't. so- my nanna's friend had always gone in the disabled entrance in the family stand and had gotten to know the stewards there very well. so on the last day, she bough them flowers, chocolates etc... and made a big fuss.
The stewards were so overwhelmed they completely forgot to ask for the tickets and we just went straight through into the elevator and got into the game!

its a story il be telling my children, grandchildren etc

Fantastic

used to go to away games with the lads from hyde, gorton etc. always trying to jib everywhere! train, pub, ground, train back. did ok most weeks, even the bonus of the fruit machine/ strimmer wire combo!!
used to double in the north stand most home games, the person in front would pay, then when you heard the turn stile "click", jump in, & no stopping you! 2people in the turnstyle? i fill em on me own now! to many pies n pints:)

2bluegp said:
used to go to away games with the lads from hyde, gorton etc. always trying to jib everywhere! train, pub, ground, train back. did ok most weeks, even the bonus of the fruit machine/ strimmer wire combo!!
used to double in the north stand most home games, the person in front would pay, then when you heard the turn stile "click", jump in, & no stopping you! 2people in the turnstyle? i fill em on me own now! to many pies n pints:)

where you from pal i may know you im from hyde pm me cheers brad

Wembley V Gillingham

Over the turnstile 10 mins before the game started. No seat so went around the concourse to the half way line. Blagged my way to the seating area - but no seat so I sat on the one for the cameraman. He wasn't fussed and even let me watch replays on his monitor!

Rarely used to pay to get into Salford in the 70's still have a scar under my armpit where I was dangling on barbed wire once.

Also wandered around Madison Square Garden trying to look like I belonged there when Lennox Lewis was fighting for the world title against Michael Moorer. Went through a few security doors etc and came out next to ringside. Was turfed out of my seat when Evander Holyfield and his crew came along but sat just behind them.

cfn1963 said:
Wembley V Gillingham

Over the turnstile 10 mins before the game started. No seat so went around the concourse to the half way line. Blagged my way to the seating area - but no seat so I sat on the one for the cameraman. He wasn't fussed and even let me watch replays on his monitor!

Rarely used to pay to get into Salford in the 70's still have a scar under my armpit where I was dangling on barbed wire once.

Also wandered around Madison Square Garden trying to look like I belonged there when Lennox Lewis was fighting for the world title against Michael Moorer. Went through a few security doors etc and came out next to ringside. Was turfed out of my seat when Evander Holyfield and his crew came along but sat just behind them.

Do you work on the tickets mate? You sound like one of skullys lads

Went to Birmingham City one night match, mid 80's i think. Cheeky twats wanted a fiver to get in (dear then!) Looking around outside for ways to jib in when it kicked off inside. A few people were brought out of the ground by St Johns and took into a treatment room. As i had my arm in plaster at the time, i went into the treatment room and said i'd been inside the ground when it kicked off and had fell and banged my arm and it was painful.
Was given a couple of paracetamol and after a few minutes i asked one of the St Johns blokes to take me back into the ground as i was feeling better.
He didn't look convinced when i told him i'd been inside, but took me back in anyway. Result!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.