Jihadi John Song

It's a shit song sung by dickheads. Why are you embarrassed?

@gordondaviesmoustache is a good one to talk to about people being embarrassed by proxy.

Because it's being sung by people who are supposed to represent City!

Agree it's a minority of idiots, but the social media publicity given to that shite gives ample ammo to anyone who wants to generalise and use it against us.

images

Agree it's a minority of idiots, but the social media publicity given to that shite gives ample ammo to anyone who wants to generalise and use it against us.
There are 12 people representing City on match day.

And none of them are coked up, pissed up nobs.

Why is everyone surprised. It's not like we sing hymns every game. We've sung tons of offensive songs in the past.

We're Gonna kill George best and dig matt busby up.
I know a dog his name is rover....
Build a run way build a run way...

That's just to name a few. Those songs were sang by the entire south stand a good few years ago. I take it most on here didn't join in and was embarrassed then as well.

Why is everyone surprised. It's not like we sing hymns every game. We've sung tons of offensive songs in the past.

That's just to name a few. Those songs were sang by the entire south stand a good few years ago. I take it most on here didn't join in and was embarrassed then as well.

I get more embarrassed at home games with people whingeing every time Bonny touches the ball!

Offensive songs have always been around, and there's a good chance they'll be around for a while longer, but some of us can try and raise the tone a little bit and remind people that they are generally not a great idea. Times have changed, the club has changed. It's to be expected that young lads haven't changed all that much and still come up this stuff (most of us have done it at some point) so it's not a 'surprise' that it still happens, I just think more folks are now started to question it (and rightly so).

The fan base is changing and the ground is full of families now. We are now observed by the media on a world wide basis and we're exposed to far more cultures than ever before. Rightly or wrongly, our fans behaviour influences people's impression of football, Manchester City, and Manchester in general. I'd like people to see us in a positive light.

Offensive songs have always been around, and there's a good chance they'll be around for a while longer, but some of us can try and raise the tone a little bit and remind people that they are generally not a great idea. Times have changed, the club has changed. It's to be expected that young lads haven't changed all that much and still come up this stuff (most of us have done it at some point) so it's not a 'surprise' that it still happens, I just think more folks are now started to question it (and rightly so).

The fan base is changing and the ground is full of families now. We are now observed by the media on a world wide basis and we're exposed to far more cultures than ever before. Rightly or wrongly, our fans behaviour influences people's impression of football, Manchester City, and Manchester in general. I'd like people to see us in a positive light.
Steady, you'll miss Songs of Praise.

I dont disagree with a word you say.....but are you ever going to take politics and or religion out of the game? I am not sure you can.

Like Isaid earlier I for one feel that this song was out of place and not thought out, hardly suprising as neither those singing or whoever thought it up in the first place are likely to be mensa candidates are they?

However the fact that you feel personally offended by it does I am afraid make me laugh, it is some numpties at a football match singing a song, they are not groping women, eating babies, grooming kids, or even trying to take the away end or bricking coaches...I find the cost of football offensive these days not some wallies singing a song.
There will always be lobotomised knobs with an axe to grind chanting their opinions at football matches, but that doesn't mean I have to like or accept it or that we shouldn't take action as we started to do with racism 30 years ago.

And yes I feel personally offended because much the same way people on here used a one size fits all philosophy in categorising all Muslims as the same, others will do the same with all City fans and I do not wish to be associated with the moronic wing of our support

Oh.

Not sure how to respond to that.

There will always be lobotomised knobs with an axe to grind chanting their opinions at football matches, but that doesn't mean I have to like or accept it or that we shouldn't take action as we started to do with racism 30 years ago.

And yes I feel personally offended because much the same way people on here used a one size fits all philosophy in categorising all Muslims as the same, others will do the same with all City fans and I do not wish to be associated with the moronic wing of our support

Can I suggest you steer clear of social media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.