Jihadi John Song

Their target is psychological damage and a fear culture though, that's why they call it terrorism.
We're not talking about a fear culture. We haven't been going to the match fearing anything. Maybe some might be slightly concerned now that we have a video that could be seen to be provoking them - that's initiated by a select few of our own fans not them. Besides - can you tell that to the people who died in the Paris attacks?

Are you saying everyone with a Twitter account has one for attention? All 1 billion?

I started my account in summer 2011. I was in a very bad place at the time and also quite ill. I posted a lot of news on here and there was nothing of the sort on Twitter. So I started it, not really expecting it to last, but people really liked it and more people followed so I kept it going.

Anyone who knows me personally knows I'm someone who hates excessive attention, and I've always been a slightly reluctant owner of a very popular account. I really, genuinely don't give a shit how popular or well known I am - do you know my name? How many do? Have you heard me on a podcast or seen me on TV (and I have had offers)? Have you ever seen me use the account as a personal soapbox to try and big up myself or opinions? Wouldn't someone in it for the attention use the popularity to become personally well known?

Anyway, this is off topic and if anyone has a problem with me or wants to question my integrity for posting a fucking song, as bad as it may be one that is relevant to City fan culture in Jan 2016 (and that's the whole point of the account, staying on top of things without the North Korean controlled spin - a bit like why this thread exists, cos we discuss these things), send me a private message.
Is that all aimed at me or are you having a hard time with some other people on here/Twitter? You sound like this has gotten to you? Relax it's a stupid song and you're well within your rights to tweet what you want (I'm not on Twitter btw, so I haven't seen your output).

You've asked if all 1 billion Twitter users are tweeting for attention and then gone on to explain you don't like attention even though your Twitter account is very popular?

When terms like 'followers', 'viral', and 'trending' are synonymous with Twitter, I think the gaining attention bit becomes indisputable really.

It sounds to me (from your post) that you are half discussing the thread topic here and half stating your reasons for posting the video on your own Twitter feed. I don't care what you post (but some will question your content - but you're cool with discussion so that's ok), I'm not bothered about IS retaliating or the media using it as another stick to bash us with (I said as much last night on here). I just think the song is shit. It was started by West Ham, stolen and adapted by some pissed up blues who are trying to be edgy and gain a bit of attention.

In Abu Dhabi apostasy is punishable with death; what's the difference?

Maybe minority things like this just get more publicity these days thanks (or not) to the internet. In the old days, if it wasn't in earshot, or out of site, most wouldn't know about it, but now it's on video etc, everybody becomes aware.

I'm not a Muslim and it offends me BECAUSE its at my football club by fans who support our club. If you want a voice organise a protest march and leave the fans to get on watching the football.

Oh and by the way, our owner is Muslim so to apply a 'one-size-fits-all' to all Muslim's just shows how far out some people's judgements are.

I dont disagree with a word you say.....but are you ever going to take politics and or religion out of the game? I am not sure you can.

Like Isaid earlier I for one feel that this song was out of place and not thought out, hardly suprising as neither those singing or whoever thought it up in the first place are likely to be mensa candidates are they?

However the fact that you feel personally offended by it does I am afraid make me laugh, it is some numpties at a football match singing a song, they are not groping women, eating babies, grooming kids, or even trying to take the away end or bricking coaches...I find the cost of football offensive these days not some wallies singing a song.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.