Jihadi John Song

No I'm not its not right to chant that bringing back bad memories to Alan's family in any way shape or form.
If you think it is please carry on

That's fair enough and personally I wouldn't be inclined to join in with it myself but does this "bringing back bad memories" thing extend to all the media outlets that mention Jihadi John?

No worse than what's in the papers, and we've had plenty of No Surrender songs as well in the past.

Too much social control as it is even if the views expressed suit a certain agenda.

You keep missing the point and suggesting that this is what the song is about. It isn't. Jihadi John, yes, Alan Henning, no. I fully understand why people would not want to sing it or hear it, but don't keep saying it's something it isn't, it doesn't do your argument any good at all.

Well said!

The best thing about this thread is that it's given me a better idea of which forum members to ignore.

It also makes it clearer who does and doesn't go to the games! Also, over recent years we have seen a return of a youth following at away games that had reduced during the rags years of domination. It is relatively small in number because the points system counts against the younger Blues.

I would love to see and hear all those upset by this tasteless song to gather at the Etihad and give a full rendition of our traditional songs. I will continue to do so from 93:20.

He's Magic Your know. Kelechi Iheanacho!!

It also makes it clearer who does and doesn't go to the games! Also, over recent years we have seen a return of a youth following at away games that had reduced during the rags years of domination. It is relatively small in number because the points system counts against the younger Blues.

I would love to see and hear all those upset by this tasteless song to gather at the Etihad and give a full rendition of our traditional songs. I will continue to do so from 93:20.

I don't know how young lads manage to go to the games given the cost. I'd rather have the atmosphere even if sometimes the songs are a bit backward. They only reflect populist ideas and if people don't like it the best thing is to come up with something else. If the football was entirely sanitised, I think a lot would stop going.

I don't know how young lads manage to go to the games given the cost. I'd rather have the atmosphere even if sometimes the songs are a bit backward. They only reflect populist ideas and if people don't like it the best thing is to come up with something else. If the football was entirely sanitised, I think a lot would stop going.

Spot on Marvin. It has been good at Norwich and Everton that our fans have really got behind the team. The atmosphere at most of the aways this season had been disappointing!

Went down to the Gents about 10 minutes into the Second Half. About a dozen youths in there, with beer, jumping up an down and singing. Thought, how much have these clowns forked out NOT to watch the game!!!!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.