Jim Davidson

Ive never seen bake off, I just cant recall hearing Jo Brand tell a joke that didnt involve her eating too many cakes. But i admit i have turned off or over when ever shes been on TV the last 15years, so I accept she may have widened her material since then to include chocolate.
Jo Brand is much better than she gets credit for. She got this reputation in the 90s as a man-hating feminist, and that caused loads of people to make up their minds without really watching her. She's a great comedian. She takes the piss out of the fact she's fat, but then so do every middle-aged male comedian. When you look into it, every comedian has some sort of schtick because they have to have an on-stage persona. Her sitcom about the NHS was pretty good too.

Oh, and I love people pretending to be offended about the battery acid joke.

Jo Brand is much better than she gets credit for. She got this reputation in the 90s as a man-hating feminist, and that caused loads of people to make up their minds without really watching her. She's a great comedian. She takes the piss out of the fact she's fat, but then so do every middle-aged male comedian. When you look into it, every comedian has some sort of schtick because they have to have an on-stage persona. Her sitcom about the NHS was pretty good too.

Oh, and I love people pretending to be offended about the battery acid joke.
each to their own my friend. just not my cup of tea.

Or you could not do either of those things and make your own mind up instead.
People either find racist jokes and the stereotyping of minorities offensive or they don't. Some people hide the fact that they are fine with casual racism behind things like "it's all woke, pc, virtue signalling" like everyone who isn't fine with it are all just pretending. In they end they just are fine with the racism.

Last edited:
People either find racist jokes and the stereotyping of minorities offensive or they don't. Some people hide the fact that they are fine with casual racism behind things like "it's all woke, pc, virtue signalling" like everyone who isn't fine with it are all just pretending. In they end they just are fine with the racism.
I love how the final and obvious conclusion has just got to be the fact that laughing at the 'Wrong' type of comedian, as defined by the outraged by proxy,
is obviously racism.
Anyone got that SJW cartoon handy?

I love how the final and obvious conclusion has just got to be the fact that laughing at the 'Wrong' type of comedian, as defined by the outraged by proxy,
is obviously racism.
Anyone got that SJW cartoon handy?
"SJW" Hiding behind social media buzzwords.
"Proxy" Intimating that others who find it offensive are insincere
"laughing at the wrong type of comedian" Finds racist jokes inoffensive and funny.
You literally did everything my post said. The lack of awareness is astounding. Also if you find racist jokes both funny and not offensive then it is a fact to state that you find racist jokes funny and inoffensive, obviously.

"SJW" Hiding behind social media buzzwords.
"Proxy" Intimating that others who find it offensive are insincere
"laughing at the wrong type of comedian" Finds racist jokes inoffensive and funny.
You literally did everything my post said. The lack of awareness is astounding. Also if you find racist jokes both funny and not offensive then it is a fact to state that you find racist jokes funny and inoffensive, obviously.
Lol, you carry on seeking out offence mate, don't ever let up, the perpetually offended have now become part of the mainstream, such is their delicious outrage.
It's a great laugh, for sure ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.