Jim Tolmie

Probably ridiculous but I remember a game I think against Leeds when Tolmie thought he had scored and was already celebrating but it hit the post or missed. I always thought his form took a dive after that moment.

shit.jpg

For a brief period, during the start of the 83-84 season, we truly believed that Billy McNeill had unearthed a couple of diamonds from the backwaters of mediocrity. That feeling lasted from the promise of opening day glory at Selhurst Park, to a 6-0 thrashing of Blackburn, and last minute drama at racist Leeds.
Nothing could stop us, but Keegan, Waddle and Beardsley thought otherwise.

You had to be there, and of course it’s all rose tinted and revisionary.

However, the memory of Parlane and Tolmie will glow longer than some of the arguably more influential players that followed.

Nanananananana

City’s going up

Going up

City’s going up.
KC and the Sunshine band never sounded so good!

If my memory serves me right, we played Carlisle away lost 2-0 and I think tolmie missed a pen.and I'm convinced when we got of the coach we had to walk across a field to get to the ground.... I think .

For a brief period, during the start of the 83-84 season, we truly believed that Billy McNeill had unearthed a couple of diamonds from the backwaters of mediocrity. That feeling lasted from the promise of opening day glory at Selhurst Park, to a 6-0 thrashing of Blackburn, and last minute drama at racist Leeds.
Nothing could stop us, but Keegan, Waddle and Beardsley thought otherwise.

You had to be there, and of course it’s all rose tinted and revisionary.

However, the memory of Parlane and Tolmie will glow longer than some of the arguably more influential players that followed.

Nanananananana

City’s going up

Going up

City’s going up.
Ultimately ended in disappointment but that was a great season with what seemed like some massive games - Sheff Wed and Newcastle at home were highly anticipated matches that gave Swales ample opportunity to put his own spin on the attendances. The away followings for those games were something to behold

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.