Jimmy Greaves

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by flyer, 17 Feb 2020.

1. mat

mat

ISJ: Welcome to another edition of Saint and Greavsie. On today's show Ronnie Whelan tells us why Kenny Dalglish is the greatest Liverpool manager ever.

Greavsie: (says something racist about John Barnes)

ISJ: (Laughs)Greavsie, you cracks me up.

The football stats speak for themselves. But as a pundit and full time pisshead he rivalled Paul Merson.

2. mat

mat

Full page Sun article I think. Might have been around the time Bassett rejected us?

3. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

The most underated footballer ever,I never seen him live but going off what my old fella and uncles said he was absolute class.

roman totale likes this.
  4. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Team supported:
    The Only Team in Manchester!
    I think Colin Bell might have something to say about that.

Yes, we all know how great Nijinsky was, but he hardly receives any recognition outside MCFC.

5. Trojan1962

Trojan1962

Amazed how he scored those goals whilst still hungover from the night before. Surprised he’s still alive in all honesty.

6. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Colin bell wasn’t underated probably one of the greatest players to ever walk on a football pitch

Blue Til Death likes this.
  7. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

It’s a disgrace

SpursLoyal likes this.
  8. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

I was a Spurs fan (no not a supporter) way back in 1961/62 when even my namesake Alan Oakes and slightly after my neighbour Glyn Pardoe,had just started their carers at City when I loved Jimmy in his early years at Spurs.Way back in those days the only type of true adoration for any player was via the papers.I will always remember Greavsie scoring a think it was a hat trick at White Hart Lane against the Rags in about 1963 in a 5-1 win !
    I will always remember his debut for WHU when he scored against City at Maine Road at the Platt Lane End which we eventually won 4-2 I think.
    Loved him and Ian St.John on the old ITV Saturday dinner programme when the famous saying "its a funny old game" came to light.
    City fan or not I will always remember Greavsie as one of my all time heroes and a true football legend.

manclad, SpursLoyal, JimB and 3 others like this.
  9. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

He really was EAT and he was no prima dona just a wonderful player who was adored by many true footballing fans,irrespective of who he played for.

Crouchinho likes this.
  10. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Didn’t he get the spurs goal in the ballet on ice oakie ??