Jimmy Greaves

ISJ: Welcome to another edition of Saint and Greavsie. On today's show Ronnie Whelan tells us why Kenny Dalglish is the greatest Liverpool manager ever.

Greavsie: (says something racist about John Barnes)

ISJ: (Laughs)Greavsie, you cracks me up.

The football stats speak for themselves. But as a pundit and full time pisshead he rivalled Paul Merson.
He was an inveterate racist when S&G was on. Of that I’m sure. May have changed his views now. Hopefully so.

Do you really believe that?

As I said before, we City supporters know how great he was, but he is criminally ignored by the "great" British sporting media, when it comes to naming great players of the past.

He sits among some notable names - how many of the '68 team are ignored? I suspect that El Mago and Sergio will disappear in the same way!

Do you really believe that?

As I said before, we City supporters know how great he was, but he is criminally ignored by the "great" British sporting media, when it comes to naming great players of the past.
Correct.Anyone saying any different is a clown.

Jimmy Greaves debut for West Ham at Maine Road was the first City game I attended.

We lost 5-1 in a mudbath, Greaves scored and big Joe had a drop kick volleyed straight back in to the net from the half way line

I was hooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.