de niro said:
toffee balls said:
de niro said:
time to say thanks jim and good luck.

then buy barkley.
Agreed.

Job advert

1 x jack of all trades required
No hard feelings Jim , it 's been emotional.

Bit like the rags when when Phil Chuckle left
No one was that arsed really

jimmy is twice the player chuckle was. i would be arsed cos i like the lad. that said barkley is something else, my fear is we hand over jimmy to a rival and we dont get barkley or simular. we need english lads in our line up.

the thing with james is if as with others his wage is lowered to accommodate ffp he will only reach a decent wage (laughs) if they play every week. with all the will in the world that wont happen with jimmy, and he knows it. they are all millionaires so once they get to this level its usually all about game time so why jimmy is fussed over 3 or 4 years is beyond me. 3 years at city winning things or 4 years mid table elsewhere? up to you james lad.

I honestly don't believe that an extra year on his contract is what is holding this deal up. If it is true, then I don't want him. If he'd rather have an extra few quid than some more medals, then the hunger has gone and we're right not to give in to him.

I think he made his mind up a while ago and everything that is coming out now is just bullshit and bluster so the fans don't give him any grief.
Don't get me wrong, I want him to sign. But, I want a hungry player who is eager to add more medals to his collection, and not someone happy with what he's won so far and whose biggest concern is that he might not be able to afford a Bugatti Veyron once he's retired and will have to make do with an AstonMartin.

stony said:
de niro said:
toffee balls said:
Agreed.

Job advert

jimmy is twice the player chuckle was. i would be arsed cos i like the lad. that said barkley is something else, my fear is we hand over jimmy to a rival and we dont get barkley or simular. we need english lads in our line up.

the thing with james is if as with others his wage is lowered to accommodate ffp he will only reach a decent wage (laughs) if they play every week. with all the will in the world that wont happen with jimmy, and he knows it. they are all millionaires so once they get to this level its usually all about game time so why jimmy is fussed over 3 or 4 years is beyond me. 3 years at city winning things or 4 years mid table elsewhere? up to you james lad.

I honestly don't believe that an extra year on his contract is what is holding this deal up. If it is true, then I don't want him. If he'd rather have an extra few quid than some more medals, then the hunger has gone and we're right not to give in to him.

I think he made his mind up a while ago and everything that is coming out now is just bullshit and bluster so the fans don't give him any grief.
Don't get me wrong, I want him to sign. But, I want a hungry player who is eager to add more medals to his collection, and not someone happy with what he's won so far and whose biggest concern is that he might not be able to afford a Bugatti Veyron once he's retired and will have to make do with an AstonMartin.

Have you watched much of City this season? Jimmy Milner's hunger has gone?!, ate you for fucking real?

stony said:

Agree with pretty much all of that Stony.

It's a shame but I'm sure we'll move on as a club. I just hope he doesn't end up at the dippers as is being mooted. I'll just find it very difficult to look back on his City days fondly if he's running through metaphorical brick walls against us and for Brenda next season (or even Wenger for that matter!). Two managers and two clubs who have slagged us off to high heaven because of our owners and the money we have spent taking one of ours on a free. It's going to stick in the throat big time.

stony said:
de niro said:
toffee balls said:
Agreed.

Job advert

I think Milner's performances this season show that, no matter what the reason for him not signing his contract, his hunger is certainly not lacking.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
stony said:
de niro said:

I think Milner's performances this season show that, no matter what the reason for him not signing his contract, his hunger is certainly not lacking.

His hunger to win trophies, play for a top side, etc is if he chooses to move to Liverpool. That's the point I think Stony's making rather than his 'hunger' when he takes the field.

Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
stony said:

His hunger to win trophies, play for a top side, etc is if he chooses to move to Liverpool. That's the point I think Stony's making rather than his 'hunger' when he takes the field.

Perhaps he thinks it's better to play for a nearly top side than not play for a top side.

Now we have all players fit and available I doubt he'll start many more games. Add a few decent new signings in the Summer and he'll probably be further away still from the starting line up.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:

Perhaps he thinks it's better to play for a nearly top side than not play for a top side.

Now we have all players fit and available I doubt he'll start many more games. Add a few decent new signings in the Summer and he'll probably be further away still from the starting line up.

Bingo. I think he's being realistic, and if we all do the same and take away the fact he is leaving for a free, I think we can all admit that he probably won't get much game time next season, as id imagine we will see a top class wide player coming in the summer

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:

I don't want to go round in circles but Milner has fuck all guarantees that he'll play week in and week out at Liverpool or at Arsenal. He has played consistently throughout his time at City whilst players have come and gone. This decision of his from the outside seems incomprehensible to me. Leaving arguably the best team in the country where he currently is playing as regularly as anyone else to drop down in quality for maybe half a dozen extra games a season.

Makes me think this isn't about football but about money. If that's the case fuck him the mercenary ****.

Which 'nearly' top side do you think he would get more game time at? I believe you can rule out the Dippers and Arsenal.

FantasyIreland said:
Which 'nearly' top side do you think he would get more game time at? I believe you can rule out the Dippers and Arsenal.

It's funny, having watched a fair bit of the dippers in the last month one thing i'd say is that Henderson is a much better central midfield player than our Jimmy. Would be hilarious if he went there then found himself being rotated in and out of the side!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.