*Jimmy Milner*

Fantastic again today. As others have said he links up so well with Silva and has been instrumental in so many of the goals. The thing is, he gives us everything De Jon gives us defensively but offers so much more higher up the pitch. got to get more starts now.

I will admit I have slated Milner last year at the club. At times I thought he wasnt good enough to start when everybody is fully fit an would be a stop gap in certain areas.

This season so far he has impressed me big time last 3 games he was brilliant. Even when coming off the bench in the Champions League game. He is growing into the midfield with every game he plays in there. Gets up and down the pitch at ease compared to others in that area. Hopefully there is more to come from Milner in the coming season. He has stepped up big time today and proved he deserves his run of games.

ayrshire_blue said:
Not commented on any of the threads on here yet, mainly through shock, joy and the fact I can't stop watching the game back.

I feel obliged to comment on jimmy's absolutely sublime performance though. Not his first this season, but his best yet.

His willingness and enthusiasm in getting from one end of the pitch to the other is what makes him incredible. With the ball, he rarely wastes it. Without the ball, he often wins it.

Incredible support play and i am extremely proud to have Milner wearing that shirt. Well done son, well done.

great post!

Not gonna lie i was his biggest critic last season but fuck me fair play to the lad, really putting the performances together now and looks a class act! I've eaten my words Jimmy proud to see you wearing the shirt!

Said it before, i'll say it again.

would start him in the centre EVERY game, whether it means he replaces De Jong/Toure/Barry.

the guy is class, not just a workhorse but reads the game so well, he can pick a pass and makes some brilliant runs.

he can also leather a ball given the chance!

glad he's finally getting a run of games now! if i was making the team sheet out for the next game, only Silva would be above Milner at this very moment.

For me, two of the quiet men of the side, Gareth Barry and James Milner have recently shown their true worth to the team and their inclusion makes the team greater than the sum of the constituent parts.

Take Barry's introduction on Wednesday, changed the game when we were going nowhere fast, and Milner's performances at Blackburn, against Villa and Villareal and again today. On the face of it both of them fade into the background when people talk about the likes of Silva, Mario, Agüero and Nasri, but their contribution can't be underestimated.

Really pleased for both of them and particularly Milner who just gives 110% whether he plays 9 minutes or 90. Both fantastic pros.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
For me, two of the quiet men of the side, Gareth Barry and James Milner have recently shown their true worth to the team and their inclusion makes the team greater than the sum of the constituent parts.

Take Barry's introduction on Wednesday, changed the game when we were going nowhere fast, and Milner's performances at Blackburn, against Villa and Villareal and again today. On the face of it both of them fade into the background when people talk about the likes of Silva, Mario, Agüero and Nasri, but their contribution can't be underestimated.

Really pleased for both of them and particularly Milner who just gives 110% whether he plays 9 minutes or 90. Both fantastic pros.
This!!! So true.

Wasn't his biggest fan last season but I always respect those who work at it and improve (e.g Zaba) and he has certainly done that! He's been excellent this season and deserves credit, another selection headache for Bobby now :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.