João Félix

After his comments in the week and pep saying gundogan isn’t signing a new contract he’ll be gone in the summer. I also think that mahrez isn’t happy and the club maybe realize he just doesn’t fit here? No ones fault but the move hasn’t worked out really

I wonder if Mahrez will move on - it’s not happening for him and he’s not getting much playing time. Wonder what we’d get for him?

Problem with City at the moment is that any potential world class prospects are not interested in coming here, because they know they’re not going to get playing time under Pep. We have a world class squad, butt Pep is known for liking to use a 15-16 player squad. Ergo, we end up having to pay top dollar for any of these players after they have proven themselves elsewhere, like Benfica or some European club that isn’t playing 70 top class games per year and can afford to give them game time. We’ve seen this with a few players we’ve had (Sturridge, Sancho, Lopes) that we were unable to give enough opportunities to feel like they were developing.

Under the “buy at top dollar” strategy, we need to get the FFP behind us, because we have the revenues to challenge for players with the top, top teams in Europe, but personally I think many, many players weigh the demands of the Premier League against the £10M in England versus £8M elsewhere and think the easier life can be found elsewhere, especially when you’re thinking about Spain, sunshine, always in contention for the top prizes.

As Pep has said, it is virtually impossible to compete against the likes of Barca, Real, PSG or even Bayern for the top players, because they KNOW they can enjoy daily life, get a rest during the season, win copious amounts of trophies (and the money that comes from those successes) without the cut and thrust of the British game. Just look at the treatment Sterling got in the first 20 mins today. Dropped about 5 times, no protection from the officials, and no yellow cards for the offenders.

Players like Felix just don’t strike me as City players, given the above, and I think we were remarkably fortunate to get Jesus when we did, because it has enabled him to be “brought on” in the traditions of the British game without throwing a sulk. This is why it is going to be so very important to have a vibrant conveyor from the Academy to the First Team Squad. Pep must understand this, and needs to start putting those with a chance into the squad and onto the field for 20 minute cameos throughout the seasons, so that, if needed, they are not a deer in the headlights at this stage of the season.

Even our best prospect, Foden, don’t seem to have been given the trust needed to be a fully fledged first teamer yet, but next season there can be no excuses, given his experience and the level at which he has played when given the chance.

But, who is next?

OR, is it £100M plunked down on someone else’s prospect???

@ChicagoBlue I see your point. And for most young prospects this will be true. But this kid is special. I believe he'll start within a month of joining. Simply needs to get up to speed on our press and defensive responsibilities and the like, and he's on.

This kid is dominant. He is like Mbappe, who too would have started here within a month of showing up. Personally, I with Tevez City. Do an Internal shuffle and get him here :)

The more I think about it, the more I would be in favour of buying him and send him back for 6 months or a year.

Lock him down now, let him stay in the environment he's thriving in a bit longer, let him get used to being a £100m player while still living with mum and dad, let him learn English if his isn't up to scratch.

Normally selling clubs like Benfica wouldn't be interested because they're essentially developing a player for you for no extra money, but he's so good and the fans love him so much they'd probably love to see him around for another year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.