João Félix

Surely if we buy this lad then those money grabbing tight arses at Bayern will know we need to sell sane and pull our pants down over the price?

Not really. Sane can stay and we still buy this lad. We probably don't need him this year but with a number of players coming towards the end of their time at City and a potential transfer ban next season, it would be a good move to sign him and loan him back for a year.

If our only squad places left are for 'homegrown' players, we will get arsefucked on the price for them.

Best just getting on with things quietly, whatever we do.
Is that right ? I thought with Kompany leaving we have a squad place for non-HG available ? Also, doesn't it depend on what we do with Bravo ?

I was replying to the idea that we 'get them signed up' then just leave a homegrown place to fill.

If our only squad places left are for 'homegrown' players, we will get arsefucked on the price for them.

Best just getting on with things quietly, whatever we do.

I don't think HG is going to be a problem at all.

Think of it this way, if Rodri replaces Kompany, all of our other business is like for like (CB for Nico, Cancelo for Danilo) then we'd have exactly the same squad as this year, except with an extra defensive midfielder replacing a player who was injured most of the season.

If Felix replaces Bravo, we're essentially +1 as Bravo didn't feature at all last season, and we've got yet another midfielder/forward.

And if Delph leaves...do we care? His game time was limited to when Zinchenko+Mendy were injured and in that case we'd use Fernandinho.

We could fill his time with an academy lad or take a punt on an english Zinchenko type player, low fee, low risk, high potential if it works out.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.