João Félix

These sort of situations, where teams spend a ludicrous amount of money on a player & find out he is total shit, usually end in a loan plus option to buy deal.

That's not the situation Atletico Madrid are in with Felix though.

They've been pretty happy with how he's played, but he had a few injuries and it was AM's worst season in a long time. The problem he had is that Simeone has very different demands to Benfica, he had to grow up a lot - he'd never left home before he became a €126m player - and had to put on weight - he looked like a 15 year old 12 months ago, braces and all.

He also got let down massively by Morata and others not finishing chances he put on a plate.

Touche.

We've never been on the benefiting end of that type of sale. No way we would in this one either, imho. If (if) they do need the money, they would need it now, a loan is not good for them.
I don't think they do though. The felix deal was paid for by the Griezmann sale.

If they are short of money, then his wages plus a huge loan fee, might do it.

If not, then they would be relying on him coming good this season, or losing about 70 mil.

difference is Torres and Felix are incomparable to Silva and Aguero. I'd lean towards Fabrizio anyway.

exactly

the comparrisons are lazy

David was already a world cup winner when he arrived I think (maybe Euro Champ as well) - Torres as good as he seems has achieved nothing in comparison and is nowhere near the level Silva was and is a different type of player altogether.

LIkewise Felix is nothign like Aguero - not in style or position. Plus he has already flopped in one big more - I say lets not give him a second big move as we need more of a clnical striker rather than another creative player.

This would be a very strange transfer because he is basically the same player as Havertz, except Havertz is a bit older, bigger, stronger and is actually on the market for £70-80m, not off the market after a €126m transfer last season with a parent club that have no interest in selling.

That's not the situation Atletico Madrid are in with Felix though.

They've been pretty happy with how he's played, but he had a few injuries and it was AM's worst season in a long time. The problem he had is that Simeone has very different demands to Benfica, he had to grow up a lot - he'd never left home before he became a €126m player - and had to put on weight - he looked like a 15 year old 12 months ago, braces and all.

He also got let down massively by Morata and others not finishing chances he put on a plate.

Yes, but 100 mil plus is far too much money, on a gamble, irrespective.

Last time I saw him play, I was shouting at the screen. He was utter dogshit. Horrible. Worse than any player we have crucified at City in recent times.

We couldn't afford to pay that kind of money & have that level of performance, in the hope of better things. A loan & a trial run, different matter.

I actually think the Sancho deal is far too expensive & he is currently miles ahead of Felix.

Mbappe was the nearest to a 'sure thing' & that was still a gamble, but less so in that league.

This would be a very strange transfer because he is basically the same player as Havertz, except Havertz is a bit older, bigger, stronger and is actually on the market for £70-80m, not off the market after a €126m transfer last season with a parent club that have no interest in selling.

Haven't Chelsea got the player boxed off though?

My impression was the player had made a commitment to Chelsea which he intended to honour, and was dismissing all other options.

I'd love to be wrong on this one. Havertz would be pretty much the perfect fit for our team, with the versatility and creativity to thrive in our style of play under Pep.

Every time I have seen him he looks the real deal, what is he 19? Goals will come IMO and in the right team he would be very productive, his passing is excellent so would help create more chances as well. If we are to pay over £100 mill then this is the type of player I would like, young, talented and hard working

It’s difficult to comprehend how AM parted with £126m ! Great prospect but that was crazy money...

Fabrizio says no, Sam Lee says yes. Hmmm.
No one seems to be bothered by the fact that Sam never fucking said this. All he's said, both on podcasts and in print, is that we "enquired". Granted you would actually have to read the article to know this but it means nothing more than we asked about his availability. Nowhere did he say anything further than this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.