João Félix

Yup, I’d be hard pushed to argue with you based on what we’ve seen from Grealish so far. Hoping for much more next season, but at the moment we look like we’ve had our pants pulled down
That's was not having a go at Grealish but in terms of sheer natural talent, Felix in my humble is in a different world to Jack.

He would be a sensation in a Pep team, an utter and total sensation.

I’m with you. I think people have entirely the wrong idea about this player. He’s not a 9 in the sense that he’s not a big bruiser but this kid is incredible in central positions and does have an eye for goal. Atletico was never going to work he wants to combine and bring others into play not just try to break through on the counter. In terms of players we could get who could play ST for us the way we are playing right now there may be no better option

So Joao Felix gets a pass because of the way Atletico plays but Grealish gets no time adjusting to the most intricate system in football? Some of you sound so foolish...STFU already and see where he is a bit more down the road...
I have never rated Grealish, personally could not see what all the fuss was about at Villa, but time will tell, I hope he proves me very wrong.

Last edited:
I’m with you. I think people have entirely the wrong idea about this player. He’s not a 9 in the sense that he’s not a big bruiser but this kid is incredible in central positions and does have an eye for goal. Atletico was never going to work he wants to combine and bring others into play not just try to break through on the counter. In terms of players we could get who could play ST for us the way we are playing right now there may be no better option
He is a proper footballer, could play anywhere in the team across midfield or anywhere across the front line.

He is never going to be an out and out striker, but will score his fair share of goals and provide lots of assists.

He seems like a guy that needs to be loved by his manager, I think he would have that at this club, a proper Pep player.

All his goals and assists at benfica for those wondering what he’s like in the box, rather than form deeper.

that hit on 4.35 damn

I remember all these from the Summer we were supposedly chasing him. There’s no wonder we were so keen, he has everything - even wins his fair share of headers.

He’s not gone to shit, it was always just a baffling move going to a Simeone team for a young attacker IMO.

I’d be buzzing to get him…just not if it meant no ‘proper’ number 9.

I don't get the Atletico excuse for this lad not living up to his hype. Good strikers tend to shine under Simeone(Falcao, Costa, Griezmann and Suarez resurgence).
Felix is shit for Portugal too.
He reminds me of Alexandre Pato, who early in his career here in Brazil seemed like he was truly bound for glory and accolades, but never got anywhere, and yet all along the way had a legion of apologists for his shortcomings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.