João Félix

He had been playing well the past couple of months, then plays badly a game and we’re back to “Simeone’s fault”. Hmm, no

I must say, and it’s something I remember from YouTube stalking him a few summers ago, his first touch is brilliant. And I don’t mean in a Mahrez way, it’s just always something positive and attack minded.

I’ll never ever understand why he moved there. Maybe Atletico offered too much, Benfica told him to go and nobody was ever going to match it? Either way, a waste seeing him stuck in that way of football.

He had been playing well the past couple of months, then plays badly a game and we’re back to “Simeone’s fault”. Hmm, no

It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. He can be in good form inspite of Someone's football. It's an entirely different proposition having to defend in your own final third for most of the game and attacking in a final third.

He played well in games where Atletico actually play football.

So when Simeone decides to play negative football of course your player which thrives when attacking is going to play a bad game.

It's not his fault, it's just the way Simeone decided to play. Not really Simeone's fault either, square pegs in round holes this tactic for him.

Didn't really do anything tonight.

Isn't he supposedly on some great run of form?

In some ways I was more impressed than I've ever been with him cos he showed an eagerness to track back and help his teammates, in other ways not at all he was in a in a side without any attacking threat away from himself, they couldn't get space during their odd attempts at a counter attack cos we defended well... I wouldn't blame him for any of Atletico's failings tonight not even slightly.

I don't think Atletico has ever suited him and yes he'd be a good fit here in style there's no denying that, the problem is the fee it'd take to get him is outrageous £90m-£110m the latter fee what they actually paid for him, we've also just signed Julian Alvarez for next season who could possibly be a better player they're both still potential, plus we've got James McAtee as well in the youth ranks that I'd rather see in any potential Felix role so who cares.
Felix still isn't a world class player yet despite the crazy transfer fee he does have talent but there's still no guarantees he'll ever fulfill his world class potential, so he shouldn't really be talked about in any kinda possible transfer for us unless his contract actually expires, that's over 4 years away from now so him coming to us is a non starter all things considered regardless of any potential talent he has.

Atletico haven't been playing this pathetically defensively in the last couple of months.

Anyone who watches them regularly knows there's a direct relationship between Simeone playing football and Felix playing well, and an inverse relationship with him shutting up shop and not wanting to touch the ball in our third.

Atletico haven't been playing this pathetically defensively in the last couple of months.

Anyone who watches them regularly knows there's a direct relationship between Simeone playing football and Felix playing well, and an inverse relationship with him shutting up shop and not wanting to touch the ball in our third.
How exactly was the difference between the set up vs us and vs United in affecting his performance? He played much better against them, especially the first leg, and they also had less than 40% possession

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.