João Félix

Should have gone for him so Barcelona couldn’t then maybe they would have at least been annoyed and maybe had the money to buy Cancelo instead of pay João Félix wages

What I don’t understand, it is being reported he EXTENDED his contract with Athletico until 2029, and then was loaned to Barca. Why extend ?
Do Atleti get to amortise his massive transfer fee across more years in their accounts if he extends his contract? Can't remember if that's how it works or not

If so, maybe that was a deal they made with him in exchange for loaning him to Barça without a fee being involved

I'm not his biggest fan, but he's definitely got something in his game. I'm not saying we should sign him, but if anyone can get a game out of him, it's Pep.

He, or his agents, have made some terrible decisions. Athletico was a dreadful choice and so was Chelsea. It wasn't rocket science that these teams played a style of football or had a lot of turbulence which would mean he'd suffer. I'm sure he's richer than he'd imagined he be but a player of his ability should be aiming at Ballon D'Ors etc and instead he's every chance of being tossed around clubs like Aston Villa and Everton on loan if he's not careful.

Very sad, but if I was him I'd be offering to take a massive pay cut to play for a team like City/Real/Bayern etc to get my career back on track and fill up that trophy cabinet.

Very sad, but if I was him I'd be offering to take a massive pay cut to play for a team like City/Real/Bayern etc to get my career back on track and fill up that trophy cabinet.
He literally did just that. If the stories are to be believed, he's earning pennies on the dollar to play for Barca this season. If he flops there then he was just overhyped because they certainly suit his style.

"

Laporta's advisor assumes: «What Barcelona pays for João Félix is ridiculous»​

Enric Masip says that Atlético Madrid will assume practically the entire salary​

A great signing for Barcelona in the last transfer market, João Félix arrived at the Catalans on loan from At. Madrid, after a very long soap opera that at one point seemed like it would not have a happy ending. Decisive for this outcome was the way in which the entire financial issue was resolved, especially given the fact that Barcelona did not have much space in its payroll to pay the Portuguese. Now, it is now known, according to statements made by Joan Laporta's advisor to the Catalans, that a large part of the salary is paid by the colchoneros and what comes out of the Catalans' coffers is a "ridiculous" amount.

"The player is surprising when he says he only wants to play for Barcelona. At the time, with the way the squad was, something had to happen for him to arrive. There were Ferran, Ansu... João Félix's salary is paid when in full for Atlético. What Barcelona pays for him is ridiculous", revealed Enric Masip, without disclosing what amounts he is referring to."

What he showed yesterday is why I wish City got him. Brilliant movement snd so smart. That dummy for the Lewa goal was world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.