João Félix

I said it even before the game that I didn't see the fuss after watching countless videos of him so this is not a particularly knee jerk but I have yet to see any standout quality of his. Normally attacking/creative players lacking the speed and yard of pace to beat players compensate that with incredible awareness or close control dribbling or if not that at least great vision and passing. He has none of those, the only viable quality of his I've seen is that he seems to have a good finish on him and timing his runs from deep into and around the box. Like a poor version of delle alli a couple of seasons ago.

Outside of that have yet to see anything warranting the hype or the price being branded around. The one time he's played at a slightly higher level than used to he's looked outside his depth. Foden does the late timing of runs into the box as well as him but also has the passing range and vision to compliment that which makes him stand out. I'm afraid he would be massively found out at a higher level like renato sanches(another overhyped benfica youngster) if he moves now. Needs at least a couple of seasons at benfica or a team in a much higher level league like a dortmund to develop many aspects of his game before he's deserving even half the price being touted.

Avarage player, next Sanches. Im sure blind people will claim he is the biggest star in world since we are linkied with him. Like people here weere convicned Bony is 10x times the Dzeko and next Pele.

1 game is not a great sample to rate player on, but he literally didn't show anything of close to 100m valued player. Might be that occasion was too big for him, the debut in national team and stuff.

why do we even bother with scouting when we have the wealth of intellegence and foolproof judgement of bluemoon?

I have never knowingly watched him play but we don't often get it wrong now. As for the money, I couldn't care less: we are a well-run club.

I do not want to judge him for one game but I do not think he is worth the amount they are asking for .
Maybe he'll be a great player but I did not see anything special. I hope he'll score three goals in the second half and shut me up
You dont want to judge him on one game and then spend the rest of your post judging him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.