Jo cant...

mancitydreamteam said:
Jo cant...
pass

can. not brilliant but better than most strikers.
get past a man
can. he's not AJ but his dribbling is pretty decent.

win a header
can. at least he jumps and makes a proper challenge. unlike some 6'4 strikers.

no, but he's a forward. he does close down pretty well.

the real list is;

can't:
Score in this league.
Head the ball accurately.
Run fast.
Hold his own physically.

can:
be an integral part of the outstanding movement of the front three/four.
trap the ball.
be arsed.

the last three make up for all the rest. in particular his ball control is really rather good. I watched Liverpool tonight. He controls the ball so much more reliably than the likes of Kuyt and Babbel. The likes of Balotelli, Tevez, Silva, and Yaya are in the top 10 most technically correct in the league when it comes to trapping the ball. Put four of them in advanced positions, and you get a cumulative effect...you don't need as much space to play, and you don't need as much pace, because a good touch gives the forward the head start on the static defender.

I think that if he continues to show his hard work and determination that is winning over Mancini week in week out he will only improve. We have to remember he is only 23 (not all players are early bloomers like Balotelli) and once he grabs a goal it will only boost his confidence.

That and the fact that he seems quite satisfied with life at the club and the occasional start is a win for me.

wouldnt get anywhere near starting for chelsea, untd, bara, real, arsenal and i cant see how he starts for us. surely a stop gap til january. no threat to a defender whatsoever

ANY1aBLUE said:
BlueSinclair said:
His main problem is that he is soooo incredible weak! He does not have bad technique and is not the worst dribbler in the world, but when he goes down so easily it gets hard for him. His vision is good, and his runs and getting into position great. Not a bad day at work for Jo!

'His vision is good' .........is that the equivalent to having 'two good feet'?? Id feel more sympathy for Jo if his vision was dodgy- that way hed have an excuse.
For pitty's sake - he's crap. Period.

No I mean he has a decent anticipation of the play, moves around well, his football head is not bad.

BlueSinclair said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
'His vision is good' .........is that the equivalent to having 'two good feet'?? Id feel more sympathy for Jo if his vision was dodgy- that way hed have an excuse.
For pitty's sake - he's crap. Period.

No I mean he has a decent anticipation of the play, moves around well, his football head is not bad.

Great - he can run about............there are plenty of us who could fulfill that role. The point is, he cant actually play football - you know, control,pass and shoot.

moomba said:
Not many sides have a better 4th striker.

I like him, don't expect him to have a huge impace on our results but two of our best away results come with him in the team.
Not many will have such an expensive one either.

But i agree, he seems happy with his role (that's not to be underestimated), and he does what is asked of him.

His general performances are getting better, if he begins to chip in with the odd goal, it'd be nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.