Jo

mcfc1996 said:
Jo wasn't going to get a lot of games for us this season. He isn't better than Bellamy or Sturridge and has been about on par with Benjani. At Everton because of their striker crisis he is likely to play a few games and we will really see if he can cut it. Everton aren't our rivals for anything. There is practically no chance of us catching them this season not with the away games we have to play. If we can't get results at Stoke we have fuck all chance at Stretford, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

A guy with sense ... and on a City forum too lol . Sure you're not an Evertonian ? :O)

Darker shade of Blue said:
mcfc1996 said:
Jo wasn't going to get a lot of games for us this season. He isn't better than Bellamy or Sturridge and has been about on par with Benjani. At Everton because of their striker crisis he is likely to play a few games and we will really see if he can cut it. Everton aren't our rivals for anything. There is practically no chance of us catching them this season not with the away games we have to play. If we can't get results at Stoke we have fuck all chance at Stretford, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

A guy with sense ... and on a City forum too lol . Sure you're not an Evertonian ? :O)

I fucking hate Everton nearly as much as I hate the c*nts from Stretford. It's called being realistic.

mcfc1996 said:

Must be terrible having to borrow players from a team that is "not in your league."

svennis pennis said:
mcfc1996 said:

Must be terrible having to borrow players from a team that is "not in your league."

But you ' are ' in our league ....... only 9 points below us :o)
But yes , it sucks not having the cash , just like City didn't once . Never forget where you come from m8 .

PickfordG said:
Hi guys .
I'm an Everton fan obviously . Have read a lot of comments about the Jo saga and have to agree that he hasn't been given too much of a chance in the prem with City .
It will be a good opportunity for him , and indeed both our teams , to have him play week in week out and see how he shapes up .
I had a little smile to myself though when it was mentioned that we are your nearest rivals etc .
As I see it , your opportunity with Sven was a wasted one , and had he been given the same funding as Hughes , who knows where you would be today , or infact in the future .
Much more experienced and productive manager than Hughes in my opinion .
At this moment in time though , I think your nearest rivals are around and below you , and you main concern this season should be to stay up and get your players working together . It will be a season or 2 yet before you can call Everton your main rivals I think , as at the moment , and I say this respectfully , you're really not in the same ball park as us as a team yet .
For all your money , you'll need to find the same spirit as Everton have first and foremost to be able to challenge for Europe , and especially if you want to challenge for the title .
We don't have the funding or squad size to make a huge impact at the moment , but imagine what we could do under Moyes with a few quid .

I don't know if there is an opportunity to buy Jo in the summer under what ever contract was drawn up , but I hope he does well , and I think if Hughes didn't have him in mind for this season , then it was an excellent bit of business for you guys to have him with us .

I'm sure you guys will agree that if anyone can make him work harder , it will be Moyes , so it should be interesting to see how he develops .

Good luck for the rest of the season .

I don't look at City in the same light as I used to now they have cash , but the fans have always been decent fans .

I can only think of 2 Everton players that would get into our team, Everton are a boring shite team with a good manager you will lose as soon as a team with ambition comes calling.
My opinion of course

You're welcome and entitled to your opinion .
We aren't the most exciting team in the league , but we're a little short of money right now , but we aren't a 'bad' footballing club :o)
What we do have though is the basics right , and the rest might just come in time .
You don't think Everton have ambition ?
If Moyes did leave , and it's unlikely , where would he go ? Maybe United one day , who knows , but it's unlikely to be City ... is it :o)

Bolton under fat sam, blackburn under hughes had the basics right still doesnt stop them from being shite with no realistic ambition. Everton are and always will be SHITE, wouldnt suprise me if moyes pissed of to scotland maybe celtic,Rangers to win something. I know this will hurt but whos future is brighter Everton or MCFC? And those 2 players i was talking about i wouldnt mind betting that you will lose them in the summer when a team with ambition comes calling prob our might blues.

These Everton fans make you laugh. if we win our game in hand we are 6 points behind them, not exactly a million miles is it.

And to be honest the style of football Everton play I wouldn't want Moyes anywhere near City. I seem to remember them getting beat at City a few years ago and calling for him to be sacked. Short Memories.

De Souza said:
These Everton fans make you laugh. if we win our game in hand we are 6 points behind them, not exactly a million miles is it.

And to be honest the style of football Everton play I wouldn't want Moyes anywhere near City. I seem to remember them getting beat at City a few years ago and calling for him to be sacked. Short Memories.

Anyone who loses to City would want their manager sacked :o)

Since Moyes joined us , you have had 4 managers . Keegan , Pearce , Erickson and now Hughes , and the one before that was an Everton manager :o)

Winning your game in hand is easier said than done on current form . Remember also that not only are you 9 points behind us , but you are only 6 points above bottom place .
Not exactly a million miles is it ?

De Souza said:

Since Moyes joined us , you have had 4 managers . Keegan , Pearce , Erickson and now Hughes , and the one before that was an Everton manager :o)

Moyes is an excellent manager no question. Would be interesting to see how he would fare with a much bigger budget and it will be interesting to see what he makes of Jo.

Hi guys .
I'm an Everton fan obviously . Have read a lot of comments about the Jo saga and have to agree that he hasn't been given too much of a chance in the prem with City .
It will be a good opportunity for him , and indeed both our teams , to have him play week in week out and see how he shapes up .
I had a little smile to myself though when it was mentioned that we are your nearest rivals etc .
As I see it , your opportunity with Sven was a wasted one , and had he been given the same funding as Hughes , who knows where you would be today , or infact in the future .
Much more experienced and productive manager than Hughes in my opinion .
At this moment in time though , I think your nearest rivals are around and below you , and you main concern this season should be to stay up and get your players working together . It will be a season or 2 yet before you can call Everton your main rivals I think , as at the moment , and I say this respectfully , you're really not in the same ball park as us as a team yet .
For all your money , you'll need to find the same spirit as Everton have first and foremost to be able to challenge for Europe , and especially if you want to challenge for the title .
We don't have the funding or squad size to make a huge impact at the moment , but imagine what we could do under Moyes with a few quid .

I don't know if there is an opportunity to buy Jo in the summer under what ever contract was drawn up , but I hope he does well , and I think if Hughes didn't have him in mind for this season , then it was an excellent bit of business for you guys to have him with us .

I'm sure you guys will agree that if anyone can make him work harder , it will be Moyes , so it should be interesting to see how he develops .

Good luck for the rest of the season .

I don't look at City in the same light as I used to now they have cash , but the fans have always been decent fans .
Firstly, welcome mate.
Loaning Jo out to yourselves is perfect for all parties and I, for one, don't subscribe to this train of thought that we are strengthening a rival.

We have a £19m asset who will only decline in quality (and value) if he had remained with us. The club have a duty of care to their players, whether fans like it or not, and this deal can only help the lad, I'm sure.

As for strengthening another team.......we have a more pressing need to get our own house in order and the Jo loan is a step in the right direction.

Regarding your "nearest rivals" comment, the table doesn't lie however, I'd like to draw inspiration from Big Mal and say that eventhough Moyes has had 7 years head-start on Hughes, we'll pass you by next year! ;-)

Good luck to your boys too.

BobKowalski said:
De Souza said:

Moyes is an excellent manager no question. Would be interesting to see how he would fare with a much bigger budget and it will be interesting to see what he makes of Jo.

My sentiments exactly .

Slight change of topic , but how are you guys feeling about all this money , and a possible new squad ?
I'm not sure I'd like the same situation at Everton if I'm honest . Enough cash to compete , but certainly not some rich guys toy .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.