Jo

I never thought he was given a chance either. In regards to Torres, if we bring him in, certainly we won't be keeping Adebayor as the Juventus talks heats up. One player will be unhappy and gone. We should get Balotelli and he can be a bench guy and certainly Bellers can come off of the bench, though he may not like it. That leaves one more who will have to fight for time and I would like to see Jo as that guy, like was said earlier, he is still young and a big target to boot.

Looks to me like he's got a bit of a point to prove, but remember when he went to Everton and scored a few goals and looked really good for them and then went back to being shit again after a couple of games. Think it wouldn't hurt to give him till January to show that he's good enough

It wasnt that he didnt get a chance, he never stood a chance in the first place.

We got told by his agent that it would take him up to Christmas to get going after transferring from Russia. By that time Hughes had decided that he was no good at having ball after ball hoofed in his direction.

He is not a lone target man in the slightest, however with a partner up top with him he can use his talent to full effect. He was genuinely brilliant when playing with Vagner Love at CSKA.

We have seen glimpses of that already on this pre season. His lay offs and running was great to see with a strike partner last night. If he stayed, which IMO he wont I could see him easily get into double figures thanks to the way the likes of Ade/Tevez/Johnno and Silva can pick a pass. He always had his back to goal when playing for Hughes. He is much better when he is running onto passes and neat link ups.

Unfortunately I think he has missed his moment but he has certainly been one of our better players, if not our best player on the tour so far and for that he deserves some credit.

One of the better players lastnight along with Nimely who i thought played very well! So yeah i think it would be good to keep him,100 times better than Crocky has bin,great link up with Ade also!

I thought he did well and certainly look one of the better players in what is admittedly not a strong squad. My main beef with him is that he gets bullied off the ball too easily and then just looks for help from the ref. That's not good enough in the Premiership. You either need to be blisteringly quick (not Jo I'm afraid) or strong and difficult to shake off (also not Jo). Find a player who can do both (plus has a good eye for goal) and you're laughing. If Jo could just muscle up a bit and become a bit more defiant in the challenge he could be a genuinely useful player, otherwise I don't see him doing much in the Premiership.

ono said:
He did well imo. Linked up well with Adebayor in the first half and he took his goal really well. He missed a sitter in the first few minutes at the end of a cracking move. He should have squared it to Adebayor but instead hit it straight at the keeper.

Showed some good touches, but also looked a little flimsy and slow at times. He had a good game all in all.

Over the 2 games i've seen he's probably been the only one that's actually improved his standing at all. The one he hit straight at the keeper he was going for through the legs i think.

I definitely think is he good enough to play the odd Premiership match as well as our Cup fixtures this season, great for rotation and depth. I`ll take him over RSC any day.

We gotta remember he`s still only what like 22, he needs our full support so hopefully he can find a vein of form and keep in it...if we slate him while he`s off-form than he will end up like Robinho...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.