Joao Cancelo | On loan at Barcelona

Right, well thats not going to happen.
Why not? If he’s placed in reserves for not finding a suitable fee then we can ask him to try again more passionately in January window

He won't be though will he. Not unless the club decides to sit him in the reserves for the next 1-3 seasons.

If they don't reach a deal to sell or loan him they'll rip up his contract within 12 months maximum and I'd be surprised if it took 6 months.

The fact he gets itchy feet whenever he was benched and pushed for moves indicates he'd rather take a salary cut or waive future earnings in order to get released from his contract than copy Danny Mills and Drinkwater.

I haven't actually supported him over the club.I don't care, I wasn't there and I don't place much value on anonymous sources of e.g. the Athletic. They're cowards, "put your name on it or don't say anything".

You've failed to grasp that I haven't supported Cancelo. All I've done is call out your crass behaviour and using his traumatic childhood loss to call him to man-up . You have no idea of it's relevance so you shouldn't have mentioned it.

I didn't actually say anything about your response to the other stuff he said.

Take the same circumstances of childhood trauma and put it in a non football context and you might have thought more about what you said. Or maybe not.

I'm going to let you have the last word now and put you on ignore as I've no desire to read another ten paragraphs of overthinking and condescension.
You still here flower?

So I refer you back to my initial response. I told you of several people I've come across in business & personally who evidently have issues that they won't address, but yet they constantly use it as a crutch to lean on.

I'm defending Manchester City, who've acted no differently to Cancelo's previous employers who've got rid of him for similar behavioural reasons. Are they guilty of telling him to "man up" too?

It's not me or Cancelo's previous clubs who've got this all twisted, it's evidently you calling people cunts for telling it as it is.

I've no idea if Cancelo is still being affected by his teenage trauma, because to be honest I can't recall him citing the loss of his mother as an excuse for his challenging behaviour at the clubs he's played at. Cancelo's own words about his Mum's death:

“I had already signed a professional contract with Benfica by then and much of my money was used to support my family, so I decided to play again. At first it wasn’t easy. I had no strength, no desire, but that conversation with my father and the love I have for this sport made me overcome everything.

My love for the game started to gradually come back; my smile slowly returned. That’s what life is about. However big our losses, we have to carry on. I read a lot of stuff about warriors and certain things really resonate with me."

However he's admitted himself that he's can be a complex & difficult character & those around him can only be so understanding. Cancelo regarding his challenging behaviour:

Bayern Munich loanee Joao Cancelo admitted he doesn't have a 'very simple personality' as he reassured fans of the Bundesliga giants that they could sill 'count on' the Portuguese defender despite an uneven start in Germany.

The Manchester City player, who moved on from his parent club after falling out of favour with manager Pep Guardiola, joined Bayern in January, but has since failed to find a steady vein of form.

Cancelo had before strenuously ruled out claims of tension between him and his former coach, branding them 'a complete lie', but conceded then that he had 'a difficult personality'.

Drifting out of former manager Julian Nagelsmann's plans towards the end of the German manager's tenure, Cancelo has everything to prove for new head coach Thomas Tuchel.

Sometimes it is said that I may not have a very simple personality. But my heart is in the right place. And you can always count on me,' Cancelo said.

When drawn into giving a more detailed answer on his 'not very simple' personality, Cancelo expanded: 'It's difficult to explain. I'll try. I'm very impulsive and sentimental and quite possibly easy to read because I always express what I feel.

Transparent people like me don't always have it easy in today's fast and unforgiving world.'

So there you have it in Cancelo's own words. His behaviour isn't down to his Mum's tragic death. This is who he is.

Yeah he sounds like the last type of character you want around a changing room and training ground.
Maybe it’s not his fault and it’s how he’s wired up but the very top teams don’t need distraction and it looks like Cancelo could be.
Wish him the best but just not for City.

Thing with people like Cancelo is, they have a point. What we accuse them of, we end up exhibiting ourselves, very clearly - in our treatment of them.

That's the story. If you can see it happening - then you may want to break the cycle.

We don't have to like everyone. We could always just say, I don't think it's going to work out, good luck.

Why not? If he’s placed in reserves for not finding a suitable fee then we can ask him to try again more passionately in January window
That's not how you run a serious football club. A deal will be done, Mendes is the best in the business and we want to move on probably more than João himself.

That's not how you run a serious football club. A deal will be done, Mendes is the best in the business and we want to move on probably more than João himself.
We’ll deal with Benfica for João Neves, Cancelo going other way, he has two options now Saudi and Benfica?

Don’t know how many more years he has left but methinks it’s time to play hardball.

If he wants a move, it has to be beneficial to City as well. The club will be willing to be a little flexible but City won’t have their pants pulled down.

Tell the player and his agent if no permanent deal is reached he can sit on his ass, collect his paycheck but his waning career will stall.

I am sure he and his agent will want yet another payday when his contract expires. If he doesn’t play, the payday will be severely diminished until he proves himself again.

We’ll deal with Benfica for João Neves, Cancelo going other way, he has two options now Saudi and Benfica?
No chance. Benfica will have no interest in bringing in a full back about to hit 30yrs old on a huge contract as part of a deal for one of the best young midfielders in the world. It makes no sense for them. I don't think Bernardo would even be that high up on their list.

No chance. Benfica will have no interest in bringing in a full back about to hit 30yrs old on a huge contract as part of a deal for one of the best young midfielders in the world. It makes no sense for them. I don't think Bernardo would even be that high up on their list.
Bernardo wants to retire there tbf bet he'll take the hit on the wage but seems early in his career for that. Could do with the Neves/Silva deal being agreed for 2025 so we dont miss out on him or more Bernie imo. Hes not even 30 yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.