Joao Cancelo

I think Pep was right when he said Cancelo's quality was undeniable however I do believe Cancelo has mental \ emotional health issues which he needs professional help to resolve.

I understand he was a teenager in the car accident when his mother was killed ,a traumatic enough event in itself.My uncle was a teenager in the front passenger seat when his Dad was killed in a car accident in the 1950s and he never got over it.

In 2021 Cancelo was on the receiving end of an aggravated burglary having to physically defend himself and his partner and infant child. This must have been another traumatic experience.

I appreciate that for a number of Blue Mooners it's easier to criticise than to praise players (sadly a herd mentality lapping up unproven media comments) but I prefer to remember Cancelo's many quality moments ( that pass to Haaland v Borussia Dortmund - goal of the tournament !) .

Thanks Joao, good luck for the future for you and your family.
CTID

And that is exactly the reason why as Barca fan I'm sceptical about signing Cancelo.. I mean his quality is undeniable, he can be top class RB wich is exactly what Barca needs but his attitude and personal problems are can be the barrier to achive that.. Last season he has problems in Bayern, I have a feeling similar problems will follow him in Barcelona.. But then again RB is needed, after depature of Bellerin, Barca doesn't have any natural RB, Kounde and Araujo are covering the position..

Arsenal are meddling with Barcelona's pursuit of Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo this summer.

That's according to Spanish outlet Sport, as the Gunners could reignite their interest in the Portuguese star who is free to leave the Etihad before the window closes.

Versatile Arsenal defender Jurrien Timber is set to undergo knee surgery that will rule him out for the majority of the season, perhaps prompting interest in Cancelo once again.

However, Barcelona remain confident that they can get a deal over the line despite worries that City may turn down their loan proposal if Arsenal indicate they would sign Cancelo on a permanent deal.

According to fabrizio romano he is going to Barca on loan with an option to buy and won't talk to any other clubs. Another piss take.
If the Saudi window closes three weeks after the European ones, then there may be a bluff to be called.

If the Saudi window closes three weeks after the European ones, then there may be a bluff to be called.
Don’t know why we’re talking about Cancelo - he is dead to us - just get shut - you can tell by the complete lack of interest that he is trouble - not happy the way he has used our club

Hope you are right 12 months ago he was regarded as one of the best attacking fullbacks in football in all fairness he still probably is, but we have essential gave him away 2 windows in a row. I think he is barca bound with us paying 80% of his wages and a 40 mil option they have no interest in using. There is more interest in slab head ffs. Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.