Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just can get good prices for our payers we dont need. Real MAdrid can can high fees for thse players. Look at Kovacic leaving for 50m pounds or Morata for 60m. Llorrente 30m to Atletico.
Danilo to us for 30m.

With Delph and Danilo combined we wont even get 25m imo.Maybe 8-10 for Delph and 15 for Danilo maximum. If we would be looking same old Danilo from somewhere now would cost 25-35m.

Dont even get me started on Mangala. We should offer him another one year extra year.

From a Juve forum, this is something that perplexes me as well:
t98nt1.jpg

"I'd like to understand the sense of Cancelo to City.

Kyle Walker is in my opinion one of the players who have perfectly integrated in Guardiola's game, and what's more also in different ways during his seasons, according to Walker himself.

Cancelo imo remains a fullback, for his way of building up play, of perceiving the space and for his running style."

I don't see Cancelo accepting to drop from being a starter to being on the bench, and neither will Walker. So, since you know your team better, how would this pan out?

We just can get good prices for our payers we dont need. Real MAdrid can can high fees for thse players. Look at Kovacic leaving for 50m pounds or Morata for 60m. Llorrente 30m to Atletico.
Danilo to us for 30m.

With Delph and Danilo combined we wont even get 25m imo.Maybe 8-10 for Delph and 15 for Danilo maximum. If we would be looking same old Danilo from somewhere now would cost 25-35m.

Dont even get me started on Mangala. We should offer him another one year extra year.

Believe it or not, that is also one of our flaws. Khedira, Matuidi, Perin, Higuain, and I could go on. With some of them, we made them sign a new contract not long ago and now that we don't need them they still have time with us.

If nobody wants to pay 25m or more for Danilo, then, we keep him. He is worth well more than that. To us, as well as to anyone else.

As others point out however, if the club are indeed pursuing Cancelo, i doubt that there is no discuasion with anyone for Danilo.

Re Mangala, if the club were to give him yet another year, rather than letting clubs waiting for him to become available for free get him, and he accepts, till someone comes and pays a fee for him, i'd have no issue with that. But i doubt that will happen. I have faith they will find a buyer this summer and the contract extension will turn out to have made sense.

I know the club would like to recoup the money we spent on Danilo, but if we end up selling him for £20m that will mean a net loss of £6.5m for two seasons of service in which he played a part in 6 trophies. I think the club would be willing to do that if it meant we could secure the long-term future of the position in the process.

There is a point in holding out for the most money possible, but if it's true that Cancelo has other suitors and as widely reported Danilo wants more playing time, then it makes sense for all parties to accept less than what we bought him for, so long as we aren't giving him away for peanuts.

Let's not forget that £20m would be our fourth highest sale of all-time.

Haha it's always the ones you don't care that much about who sign eagerly. When will his contract end?
There's a reason for that, they generally have less options and are more appreciative of their place at the club. Leroy has 2 years left yet, but the club don't like letting players get into their final 2 years.

I know the club would like to recoup the money we spent on Danilo, but if we end up selling him for £20m that will mean a net loss of £6.5m for two seasons of service in which he played a part in 6 trophies. I think the club would be willing to do that if it meant we could secure the long-term future of the position in the process.

There is a point in holding out for the most money possible, but if it's true that Cancelo has other suitors and as widely reported Danilo wants more playing time, then it makes sense for all parties to accept less than what we bought him for, so long as we aren't giving him away for peanuts.

Let's not forget that £20m would be our fourth highest sale of all-time.

Let’s not also forget Tyrone Mings is valued at £25 million in today’s market. £20 million is piss poor business however you dress it up. I’m not saying we can’t improve in that area but I don’t think there’s a better right back pairing in the league and possibly the world so I wouldn’t be selling ourselves short for marginal improvements in an already strong area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.