Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not also forget Tyrone Mings is valued at £25 million in today’s market. £20 million is piss poor business however you dress it up. I’m not saying we can’t improve in that area but I don’t think there’s a better right back pairing in the league and possibly the world so I wouldn’t be selling ourselves short for marginal improvements in an already strong area.

He's also homegrown and about as good of a player as Villa can attract. Danilo is a foreigner, any potential buyer will know we're interested in Cancelo, and teams already lowball City on offers because they know we have a ton of cash. I'm not saying I'd be happy for him to go at a reduced price, I'm just being realistic about it considering where all the moving parts currently stand.

He's also homegrown and about as good of a player as Villa can attract. Danilo is a foreigner, any potential buyer will know we're interested in Cancelo, and teams already lowball City on offers because they know we have a ton of cash. I'm not saying I'd be happy for him to go at a reduced price, I'm just being realistic about it considering where all the moving parts currently stand.

I don’t see how our Interest in cancelo impacts the asking price for Danilo. It’s not news to anybody that we would be looking to replace him if we sold him. If we had bought Cancelo already then maybe yeah because we need to get rid but as it stands we don’t.It’s like saying to Juve we know you’ll want to replace Cancelo so we’re going to lowball you on his fee. It holds no weight.

As you say, clubs seem to see us as a club that doesn’t need the money and can get a good deal from our cast offs. That’s never going to change if we don’t change it ourselves. Some players we have to get shut of and take a loss on but Danilo isn’t one of them. He’s easily worth £30-40 million in this market

From a Juve forum, this is something that perplexes me as well:
t98nt1.jpg

"I'd like to understand the sense of Cancelo to City.

Kyle Walker is in my opinion one of the players who have perfectly integrated in Guardiola's game, and what's more also in different ways during his seasons, according to Walker himself.

Cancelo imo remains a fullback, for his way of building up play, of perceiving the space and for his running style."

I don't see Cancelo accepting to drop from being a starter to being on the bench, and neither will Walker. So, since you know your team better, how would this pan out?

It is about incremental gains across the season in my opinion. In some games opposition teams will take the approach of trying to keep 0-0 for 70 minutes, showing no attacking ambition.

In those situations we have sometimes found it difficult to break down a team and win e.g. Leicester, where we depended on Kompany's wonder goal. Sure, it happens eventually but it can take time to grind down a team.

Walker is incredibly helpful when teams have a legitimate counter attack: he's strong, fast, reliable and hard working. He reads the game excellently. But even his biggest fan will concede that dribbling is not his strength and his crossing is good, but not notable (only ever had 6 league assists in a season in his career).

Now imagine a world in which we have a right back who is like a skilful attacking winger, rather than a lightning quick defensive bull like Walker. Suddenly we have the option of throwing more dribbling and crossing into the mix, tipping the balance earlier on in more games.

Over time in theory that means we'd take the lead earlier, more often. That gives more opportunity for rest and control over a season, which matters in the final couple of months.

Danilo is probably on a much higher salary than Mings, which probably affects the price that Villa paid.

I don’t see how our Interest in cancelo impacts the asking price for Danilo. It’s not news to anybody that we would be looking to replace him if we sold him. If we had bought Cancelo already then maybe yeah because we need to get rid but as it stands we don’t.It’s like saying to Juve we know you’ll want to replace Cancelo so we’re going to lowball you on his fee. It holds no weight.

As you say, clubs seem to see us as a club that doesn’t need the money and can get a good deal from our cast offs. That’s never going to change if we don’t change it ourselves. Some players we have to get shut of and take a loss on but Danilo isn’t one of them. He’s easily worth £30-40 million in this market

I agree that he could go for that in an ideal scenario, but from everything that's been reported it isn't that we're looking at Cancelo because we want to upgrade, it's that Danilo wants more opportunities. If Danilo is fine with staying then I doubt we'd be pushing to offload him.

Every day the same tweets, it's discouraging. For a month now we have heard that Cancelo is close, but Danilo must be sold first. Is there any new interest in Danilo? No. So why tweet the same thing over and over again?

Every day the same tweets, it's discouraging. For a month now we have heard that Cancelo is close, but Danilo must be sold first. Is there any new interest in Danilo? No. So why tweet the same thing over and over again?

Churnalism at its best bud.

That's twitter, its only relevant if it is constant. even on repeat.

is there anything concrete to any link to this player....ive not seen anything other than the usual bullshit tweets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.