Joao Cancelo

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Mezrah, 1 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shak

shak

I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second. What evidence have you got of this rule?

2. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    M
    Its part of standard football contracts Believe it or not I won’t loose any sleep

Here you go
    An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a case- by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A professional may only terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last official match of the season of the club with which he is registered.

Article 15:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/af...e_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Last edited: 11 Jul 2019
  3. come-on-barney

come-on-barney

Hope there is no truth in the Alves rumours.

4. Father Paul

Father Paul

Could only be for emergency cover for a window or season at most if we were in a position of being short handed. This
    guy would not be flavour of the month with most fans and would need to put in some big displays to redeem himself.
    Not sure how this has arisen and don't see it happening..

5. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

This deal is dead for now. It depends on a decent offer coming in for Danilo and there is nothing happening, Inter well short of enough cash.

I think we might be done for the summer with 1 signing.

6. blueparrot

blueparrot

2 already.

7. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

I guess I still see Angelino as one of our own. But yes 2 in. And with that I think we're done.

Big Dave Watson likes this.
  8. St.Pauli support

St.Pauli support

That rule is very theoretical and no player has ever terminated his contract on that rule.
    Schweinsteiger was close for rags back then before joining Chicago.

Danilo e.g. had >36% of minutes played last season. The rule would require under 10% (of the period he was fit to play!).

No established City player had <20% of minutes last season, Foden and Delph having least.
    And "established" means being at least as talented or better than the players who did play regularly.

Mainly this rule exists for players who feel they didn't play enough for personal reasons between player and club/coach.
    Terminating the contract has a risk of compensations or bans as well if found not for 'sporting just cause'.

Sorry for being off topic.

shak likes this.
  9. Dobsy

Dobsy

A lot of Alves rumours today. I can't see it happening because he'll surely get an offer of a longer contract from somewhere else.

10. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

I suppose so, what with the transfer window closing tomorrow and all

Coatigan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.